Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I know the sky is falling and I probably shouldn't spend money on luxuries, but I just bought a new Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25 1x10" combo! It sounds great. Nice cleans. Boogie OD. Surprisingly "big" sound. I'm taking it to rehearsal tonight.

Oh, and I played a PRS Silver Sky through it. What an awesome "Strat"!

Here's a bad pic of it next to my Mojotone Champ clone. The Champ clone is slightly oversized.

are you kidding me, I was just looking at those last night going "hmm, I kind of like the idea" Let us know how you like it.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Slightly better pics of the baby Boogie.

I know the sky is falling and I probably shouldn't spend money on luxuries, but I just bought a new Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25 1x10" combo! It sounds great. Nice cleans. Boogie OD. Surprisingly "big" sound. I'm taking it to rehearsal tonight.

Oh, and I played a PRS Silver Sky through it. What an awesome "Strat"!

Here's a bad pic of it next to my Mojotone Champ clone. The Champ clone is slightly oversized.
    what did you think?

Congrats, Don. I wouldn't mind one of those amps. One of the best rock tones I ever heard came from a guy with a 70s Les Paul and a Boogie combo.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Yes!

There are a bunch of aftermarket adapters, but this one is very simple and it works... Got it on Amazon...
    is it this one? all the reviews are in japanese and the google translation leaves a lot to be desired

https://www.amazon.com/Steinberger-S.../dp/B0052ATGYO

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    YESSIR!!!

Expand your search. There are a lot of domestic vendors. If you feel more comfortable, call The Music Zoo and have them order one for you. They're an Authorized Steinberger dealer, and the STADG06 is a Steinberger accessory part.
    oh, ok. i looked on their site and didn't see it listed as a part but maybe they can order one.

Dang it, missed the delivery. I can't believe the tuner I bought from Japan made it here in just a week. Now I have to pick it up at the post office on Monday. Which is ok because I can walk there in under 10 minutes. And get breakfast on the way. If the breakfast place isn't closed yet due to the coronavirus.

Oh, and I called the Music Zoo about the adaptor part and they'll contact Steinberger and get back to me.

Through Sweetwater, I just pre-ordered a Mustang 50 with 1x12, Bluetooth, control by phone. It's going to go in my living room. I'm awake all night and that's the room I hang out in.

I don't plan to gig the amp, but you never know. I just wanted an amp for the living room and thought this one sounded like fun. Besides, I've heard people on the forum praising the things.

I never think any amp sounds as good as my DRRI.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

funny how perception matters. I hesitated to buy the SV20 Marshall combo because it didn't have master volume and only a 10" speaker, which I felt wasn't a good value at the 1499 asking price. Mesa Boogie is asking 1699 for their Mark V:25 1x10 and yet I think it's a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    funny how perception matters. I hesitated to buy the SV20 Marshall combo because it didn't have master volume and only a 10" speaker, which I felt wasn't a good value at the 1499 asking price. Mesa Boogie is asking 1699 for their Mark V:25 1x10 and yet I think it's a good value.
    They had a Marshall SV20 head at the store where I bought my Mark Five:25 combo. I didn't try it because my Marshall needs are filled, but I'd like to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by redisburning View Post
    what did you think?
    I realized that I never replied to this request on what I thought of the PRS Silver Sky and that some of you might be interested. I liked it a lot! The finish was beautiful, it was lightweight and it sounded awesome! Great Strat tones! The fretboard radius was fine. I would've liked taller frets, but that's just me (and I'm finding over time that it's not as big a problem as it was for me, especially on an unfinished fretboard).

I thought the shiny knobs and switch tip and silver tuner buttons and truss rod cover looked a little cheap, but they wouldn't be a deal breaker.

They had a Marshall SV20 head at the store where I bought my Mark Five:25 combo. I didn't try it because my Marshall needs are filled, but I'd like to soon.
    even though I like the boogie, if fortune is willing to give me the means, I'd very happily go with a SV20 head for my Marshall needs. Having both those heads and a vertical 2x12 cab would be a dream come true.

I realized that I never replied to this request on what I thought of the PRS Silver Sky and that some of you might be interested. I liked it a lot! The finish was beautiful, it was lightweight and it sounded awesome! Great Strat tones! The fretboard radius was fine. I would've liked taller frets, but that's just me (and I'm finding over time that it's not as big a problem as it was for me, especially on an unfinished fretboard).

I thought the shiny knobs and switch tip and silver tuner buttons and truss rod cover looked a little cheap, but they wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Nice. I had a hard time at first with the headstock, but after getting used to it, I like it. And if it plays and sounds great, that headstock is no issue at all.

even though I like the boogie, if fortune is willing to give me the means, I'd very happily go with a SV20 head for my Marshall needs. Having both those heads and a vertical 2x12 cab would be a dream come true.
    I prefer the sound of a JTM45 over a later Plexi and have an Avatar 45 (JTM45 with later Plexi touches and a great master) so that need is pretty much filled. Plus, I've already got an awesome 18 watt rock amp with no master and it's WAY too loud for my needs and doesn't sound great with an attenuator (Budda Twinmaster).

I've set the MKIIC+ mode on channel 2 with Marshall-like an early ZZ Top kind of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Nice. I had a hard time at first with the headstock, but after getting used to it, I like it. And if it plays and sounds great, that headstock is no issue at all.
    I felt the same way. The headstock doesn't look as bad in person and I never even thought about it while playing the guitar.

I bought an old Fender Mustang II 1x12" on Tuesday. My first Fender product. Even though they're stopping all support tomorrow, I still can't wait to get it. I've been using the crappy amp that came with my Silvertone S-style guitar. It's 1x6.5 with a 2 band eq and crappy overdrive. I've got a Line 6 Spider IV, also that I've had for about a week. Didn't take long to upgrade from that to the Mustang.

I'm actually waiting on the FedEx guy to get here with my new-to-me guitar, as well. That'll be #2. It's another Silvertone like I currently have, except it has a rosewood fretboard. I really only bought it so I can modify my 1st guitar and make it HSH. These have an odd shaped pickguard that's not the standard Strat shape so I can't just buy one to modify. So I started looking for Silvertone pickguards online. I finally found one. It just happened to have a guitar attached to it, still lol My guitar already has 500k pots in it in preparation for the hb's. I was in the middle of swapping everything out when I noticed the pickguard I bought didn't fit. So that put everything on hold...until now So I went ahead and installed the CTS pots, OG 5 way, and Switchcraft jack and have been playing it like that.

I think you'll be happy with the sounds you get from that amp once you've dialed it in. Some friends have had versions of the Mustang and liked it.

Huge surprise today. The Silvertone guitar I bought was delivered today and it wasn't the color I thought it was All the auction pics made it look black. Well I had it in my hands in the kitchen for 5 or 10 minutes so I head to my room to plug it in and see if it works. I lay it down to grab a cable and that's when I realize it's not black. It's navy blue!

Couldn't ask for a better surprise. The only bad thing about it is that it's obviously been dropped and the paint is chipped along the bottom edge of the guitar in 2 spots. I only paid $40 for it with shipping so I don't particularly care. There's also some slight finish checking along the back but it doesn't bother me, either.

The box appeared intact so I doubt it happened during shipping, and even if it didn't I'm not even going to worry about contacting the seller to inquire about it. It's Goodwill. I'm not gonna ask them for a refund of the $24 that, went towards the guitar. Especially now. I wouldn't even if it wasnt crazy right now. *Edit: I can see the chipped area in the pic below. I remember wondering what that spot was.*

Overall I'm perfectly satisfied with it. In fact, it will likely become my main guitar because it looks so good and it seems made better overall. The body is thicker and weighs more. When comparing it to my black one, notes ring out for quite a bit longer from it. So much that I can strum the blue one a second or more earlier than the black and the blue one still rings out longer. You can feel the vibrations in the guitar for quite a bit longer. It's pretty impressive, TBH. The neck also has some figuring in it and moves quite a bit in the light. Score!

Last edited by WoundUp; 03-19-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Nobody's buying anything?

Yesterday I bought a MIM Big Block tremolo bridge and a standard Squier Strat tremolo bridge. I also bought a pack of 12 Fender tremolo arm springs and a MIM tremolo arm for the big block trem.

My Mustang II amp will be here tomorrow. I think I'm going to put up *Wanted* ads in all of the guitar-related forums I'm a part of and ask is anyone has the bonus amp models and bonus FX pedals for the Mustang II amps that they could email me since Fender closed down Fuse & the Fuse presets on their website at http:// fuse.fender.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoundUp View Post
    Nobody's buying anything?

Yesterday I bought a MIM Big Block tremolo bridge and a standard Squier Strat tremolo bridge. I also bought a pack of 12 Fender tremolo arm springs and a MIM tremolo arm for the big block trem.

My Mustang II amp will be here tomorrow. I think I'm going to put up *Wanted* ads in all of the guitar-related forums I'm a part of and ask is anyone has the bonus amp models and bonus FX pedals for the Mustang II amps that they could email me since Fender closed down Fuse & the Fuse presets on their website at http:// fuse.fender.com
    No new purchases for me. I'm dying for an ES-335, but there's a slight chance that I can pay off my house, and that's a bigger dream of mine that that guitar. I need every penny I have.

believe me, the GAS is very strong right now. Don's recent Mesa Boogie purchase has me twisted. I was just going to get a 2x12 cab and crawl back into my hole. But I've got to carve out some space for what I already have and decide where to go from there.

Bought a Fender Tweed guitar strap last night. Lol. I've got all all sorts of packages coming this week. A MIM big block Strat bridge, trem arm, trem arm springs, and the strap.

Got my Mustang II amp and another Squier Strat tremolo bridge in the mail today, too. I got the Squier bridge for free, though.

I have two sets of headphones, one for mixing that are open back and a worn out set of Sony MDR closed-back that i can't remember how long I've had them. Since I can find neither I ordered a new set of Sony MDR 7506 with a free desk stand something I've always needed and just never bothered to buy.

Bought another tweed strap Sunday night. Should be here Thursday.

I have a mesa boogie studio22 I am checking out. A friend was selling or at least considering selling. I have had it at home for a couple of weeks but with work schedule all through this havent played it as much as I would like. it really likes my xotic ep pedal.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    I have a mesa boogie studio22 I am checking out. A friend was selling or at least considering selling. I have had it at home for a couple of weeks but with work schedule all through this havent played it as much as I would like. it really likes my xotic ep pedal.
    Is it a 22 or 22+ (with a Lead Master knob)? I've had one of each. My 22 had the graphic eq. My 22+ did not. They were nice sounding portable amps.
    The Mark Five:25 combo fills that spot for me now, but if I had another Studio, it'd be a 22+ with graphic eq for maximum flexibility.

Now that we're all forced to spend more time indoors at home, I figured this might be a good time to get my guitar/photo studio in order. I just placed an order for four of these guitar wall-hangers.

Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour

Is it a 22 or 22+ (with a Lead Master knob)? I've had one of each. My 22 had the graphic eq. My 22+ did not. They were nice sounding portable amps.
    The Mark Five:25 combo fills that spot for me now, but if I had another Studio, it'd be a 22+ with graphic eq for maximum flexibility.
    Oh.....my bad....the 22 +
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Vox AC30C2X 30-watt 2x12" Tube Combo with Alnico Blue Speakers
    30-watt 2-channel All-tube 2x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier with Footswitchable Reverb and Tremolo Effects, Effects Loop.

Yeah, I did it. It'll be here in about a week. ooh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Vox AC30C2X 30-watt 2x12" Tube Combo with Alnico Blue Speakers
    30-watt 2-channel All-tube 2x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier with Footswitchable Reverb and Tremolo Effects, Effects Loop.

Yeah, I did it. It'll be here in about a week. ooh boy.
    yeaaah, baby. You're going to love it.

I'm going to have to block this thread, it's getting too rich for my wallet. first a boogie I want, now a vox

yeaaah, baby. You're going to love it.:
    As a lifelong Beatles freak, I should have had a Vox a long time ago.

Picked up a Derek Trucks Signature slide yesterday so I can start learning to play slide guitar

Well I don't know if these count but I'm posting them anyway. Can't wait til they get here! There's another shirt I'm looking for but I doubt I'll find it. It's from March 10th at the 50th Anniversary show at Madison Square Garden. It's got a mushroom spaceship beaming up what looks like the 'Eat a Peach' truck(I haven't checked. It may be a different truck) and a whole bunch of peaches are being beamed up all around the truck. It's absolutely awesome! But I can't find any anywhere. *Edited to add* you can see it below. I

I love that he's making guitar face in this one I found this one a few months ago but they only had size medium. I almost bought one anyway. I'm glad I didn't. I sent a text to my dad to show him and his response was 'get me one, too!" lmao. I couldnt buy myself one and not him. It's because of him that I know the name and share middle names with Howard Duane Allman.

And the one I want but can't find. If I could only buy one more, it'd either be this, or another Duane tee.

Last edited by WoundUp; 04-12-2020 at 08:23 PM.

A new Fender tee.

a carton of strings
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Three books:

Clapton by Philip Norman

The Ox--Paul Ree's family-authorized bio of Entwistle

My Bass and Other Animals--Guy Pratt, great sessions bassist who's played with Pink Floyd, Gilmour, and now Nick Mason's PF project. He's played on records by Bryan Ferry, Madonna, and quite a few others. He dishes dirt without being salacious. He's funny and self-deprecating. I'm really enjoying this book. The Ox is next.

Picked up 9 packs of Hybrid Slinky's from Musicians Friend but they may be shut down, I've heard, so it might end up getting cancelled. I guess I'll find out today.

Picked up 4 Hercules Auto Grip wall hangers from Sweetwater yesterday. Shipped out the same day when everyone else was quoting 3-4 weeks. Reverb, MF, etc...even ebay and Amazon were saying May 13-21.

Sweetwater's website stayed it might be a few extra days shipping so I figured that'd be fine. I never expected it to be shipped the same day. Estimated to be here Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by WoundUp View Post
    Picked up 4 Hercules Auto Grip wall hangers from Sweetwater yesterday. Shipped out the same day when everyone else was quoting 3-4 weeks. Reverb, MF, etc...even ebay and Amazon were saying May 13-21.

Sweetwater's website stayed it might be a few extra days shipping so I figured that'd be fine. I never expected it to be shipped the same day. Estimated to be here Friday.
    Sweetwater has great customer service. I've bought guitars and amps from them and cheaper gear too, and they're prompt and get the orders right. They accept returns if things aren't right, no problem.

I won an Ebay auction on an EH Soul Food today.
    I'm had my eye on it for a while, and with the Premier Guitar article about Klons and Klones kicked it up further. Listening to the clips online, the J Rockett Archer sounded the best (and the Ikon version sounds like I'd like it even more) but for a cost / benefit analysis, the SF sounds like it'll work fine to check sounds with. If I want to upgrade, I can likely turn the SF around for about what I paid for it.
    Looking forward to it getting here within the week or so to dig into it.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.