Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

TFF Stage Crew

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I am trying to clean up the music room so I bought a rack kit to hold my mixer and rack gear. While I was at it I also ordered a patch bay to clean up everything. When it arrives and gets assembled I'll post phtots.
    Yes please!

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Not bought, but given. Does my family know me well or not? They invited me over for a birthday dinner and presented me with this painting, which they said was to be hung in my guitar room. Well, maybe some day, but for now, I'm going to hang it in a prominent place in my living room!

I am in love with that. Very nice!

Forum Member

Very nice PC, It couldn't be nicer if it was painted on black velvet! I'd sure hang it in a prominent place!

It’s great but the painting is Old Strummer’s.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

I had 80 points from using my GC credit card that had to be redeemed before they expired. I wanted to get a EHX Russian Big Muff Pi for a while but I'm trying to pay stuff down first. I used the points Friday to get the pedal, should be here by middle of next week.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I haven't kept up with this thread. I bought a used handpainted Fuzz Factory in awesome condition a few weeks ago, a used Fulltone OCD V2 (the current one) last week, the incorrectly advertised Mesa Express 1x10" combo (it was listed as a 1x12") from a deadbeat seller on reverb.com (bought a couple of weeks ago, finally resolved on Friday), a used Celestion G10 Vintage speaker for the Express (hated it) and a used Celestion G10 Gold for the Express (I got it cheap and love it).
    Unlike most others, I really like this version of the OCD. It sounds better overall (in my opinion), is even more touch sensitive than before and the HP mode is actually usable.

i bet that Gold Celestion would sound great in my non-reverb Princeton. I'm still deciding on whether I'm selling it or not.

I forgot to mention the guitar cable I bought. I found my old 25' tweed wrapped cable but it's a hassle in a 10x10 room when I'm only sitting 3.5 feet from the amp and I couldn't find any other shorter cables. I was surprised at how much they cost although I know I haven't exactly been buying a lot of them lately. I've got one that I use all the time but it's usually in the configuration to plug into the audio interface and I have to take it apart in order to use the amp on the other side of the room so I needed another shorter cable. I probably paid as much or even more for a 10' than I paid for my 25' years ago.

Forum Member

Lucero- LC150SCE Christmas present from my wife and these are the only photos for now because she made me put it back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    i bet that Gold Celestion would sound great in my non-reverb Princeton. I'm still deciding on whether I'm selling it or not.
    I think the Celestion Gold would sound great in any amp. Sadly, the Mesa Express 5:25 requires it to sound good.

new cable is perfect for my music room.

trying to get fret sprout on the rosewood necks smoothed out. I could swear that I had a smooth mill file bastard cut around but damned if I can find it, probably packed it away already. ordered one from amazon for less than home depot, who didn't even have any in the store and it would be at least 6 days until it got there and I'd have to pick it up. here tomorrow or thursday. badda boom

busy week for me, new cable, new file and new pedal.

Got the file and the EHX Russian Big Muff Pi yesterday, but I didn't plug into the pedal until today. I made the mistake of leaving the controls as I found them when I unpacked the munition, er, pedal. I plugged in hit the button and my amp exploded. After filing an insurance claim and waiting for the replacement amp, I turned the volume down.

My first variant of any kind of Muff Pi and I am very impressed. I now get why people have so many different kinds of OD/dirt pedals. They're like Pokemon, gotta get them all.

A new guitar!

See this thread.

Forum Member

I Got two TC electronic pedals for 75$ from GC black Friday sale, the Thunder Stormand the Force Field I needed a Flanger and a Compression pedal. They should arrive Tuesday.

let us know what you think of that compressor. I'm building up a collection of them to use for recording. heck for that price I should just get it anyway

Forum Member

Their 3rd Dimension pedal is fantastic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjaxon View Post
    I Got two TC electronic pedals for 75$ from GC black Friday sale, the Thunder Stormand the Force Field I needed a Flanger and a Compression pedal. They should arrive Tuesday.

Well, the FedEx guy arrived a few days early. It's a good thing I was in my office.

I'm not unpacking it until I get home. But I told you I ordered a
    Kala KA-15 Concert Ukulele bundle from Sweetwater, and here it is! I'll use it as my own for a few months, and then gift it to my granddaughter if she shows continued interest in the uke I bought her for Christmas.

I neglected to mention the Squier CV50 MIC Tele neck that showed up last week. I have a tele body waiting to be built and I'm considering doing a maple fingerboard instead of a rosewood.

I realize a Sweetwater box isn't the greatest way to introduce my latest acquisition, but I only now just got around to opening it. Wow, it's a wee thing!

It's a Kala KA-15C Mahogany Concert Ukulele. It may become my granddaughter's when she turns seven next July. Until then, I'm playing it!

Maybe not the past 48 hours, but in the past week, anyway.
    I ordered a few picks from TimberTones on sale - a few Tiger Eye of a couple colors and a couple carbon fiber. I have a couple other of those that I really like - thin but stiff..
    I also got on on the Mystery Stocking from Premier Guitar. Hoping for something REALLY good, but I'll be happy with something good.
    Has anyone gotten one of those in the past? How did it turn out for you?
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

I just picked up a mid '90s Carvin DC135T with two single coils and a bridge humbucker. The seller said it was koa. I'm not convinced, though it was inexpensive enough that it doesn't matter. It has a tung oil finish that feels really silky. The neck is a little thin, but I doubt it'll be a problem.

I've had a hankering for a H/S/S "Super Strat" type guitar with a vibrato and a non-maple fretboard for some time. I want to see if it'll cover a range of music from "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak to "Can't Get Enough" by BadCo at rehearsals without carrying a second guitar.

Now I have to set it up to my liking- so it stops feeling like I'm playing someone else's guitar!

I just ordered an offshore Martin 12 string. I've played the 6 string offshore Martins and they're great guitars. It'll take a while for Martin to send it to Sweetwater, but I'll post pics when it comes in. I've never owned a 12 string lefty. I had a righty once, but it was impossible to achieve intonation because of the flip over and slanting bridge. Can't wait for this one.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've been restraining from purchasing anything but I did get a Roadrunner gig bag for my bass guitar build last week. Everything is going into storage in the very near future (I'm postponing it as long as possible, if there's any delay in selling the house I do not want to be without an outlet to keep my sanity intact).

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

No pic yet as it is still in transit from the UK. Bought it on Boxing Day.
    Brian May Special. Should be here tomorrow in time for rehearsal
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    I want one badddd.

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Whoa! You've got to post pics!!!

Here’s a link to it. Actually I was looking at them back in Sept, but I didn’t think my wife would like the Antique Cherry, so I was waiting on a Natural. Got the email Christmas Eve. Showed it to her and she liked the Antique Cherry more. Got their Hiscox case for it as
    well.

https://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/the-bmg-special.html
    Mark

I got another maple Squier strat neck for the next strat build. it's a sickness

Well they shipped the Natural (orig order), vs Cherry (updated order)
    anyways, DHL sucks. Said it would arrive today, then not. After2 flips of that I chose to call them. Spoke to 5 people. 3 said no, 2 said yes. I gave up an loaded for rehearsal. 5 minutes before I was to leave it shows up . Unboxed and crap, theysent the orig order color, not the confirmed color. Anyways, tuned itup and took it to rehearsal. Damn it sounded and played nice. Normally I need a bonding time. Not needed here. I think I’m in love.
    Mark

Wow you guys have ALL the cool Stuff!!! Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. Too much personal stuff to go into, but that......and other depressive crap sucks. all good - its just my turn, and its been a long one.

THAT SAID -
    I hope that this shows........have picked up a few things - but this was the latest and I Really like it! Stole it at less than half of new, a year old and basicly unplayed. I believe I will fix that! Had the DRRI, added the Road Worn Strat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1914800&type=3

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Ba...Blues/library/http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Ba...Blues/library/
    Last edited by FrankJohnson; 01-03-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

I bought and installed two wall stands for my PA speakers. Bought a new battery for my Dell laptop with a huge screen-- pc for recording. so I've got my crowded little music room organized but incredibly full of gear. Everything has its place.

This place can be dangerous to one's wallet!

@Laker responded to a post of mine
    here, and so I did some quick research. Too quick, it seems, as I purchased a mint condition Tech 21 RK5 FlyRig. If only the seller on Reverb hadn't been so quick to respond to my query while it was on sale, I might have given it some thought. But no, I dove right in, and the seller has agreed to hold off sending it until I've returned from my business trip next week.

I may wind up regretting this purchase. One of the comments the seller made to me was, "You will love it. You can run in directly into a PA. Or into the computer. I got rid of all my amps except for my valuable vintage ones that I only keep for collection." Hmmm. I'm not sure that's what I want. I was hoping for an all-in-one pedal "board" that doesn't require chaining devices together before running into an amp.

On the other hand, maybe this will make me move out of my comfort zone and start experimenting with recording into a DAW (computer).

(I don't think I win any prizes for being the first to purchase something in 2020. Not that I was trying....)

here, and so I did some quick research. Too quick, it seems, as I purchased a mint condition Tech 21 RK5 FlyRig. If only the seller on Reverb hadn't been so quick to respond to my query while it was on sale, I might have given it some thought. But no, I dove right in, and the seller has agreed to hold off sending it until I've returned from my business trip next week.

I may wind up regretting this purchase. One of the comments the seller made to me was, "You will love it. You can run in directly into a PA. Or into the computer. I got rid of all my amps except for my valuable vintage ones that I only keep for collection." Hmmm. I'm not sure that's what I want. I was hoping for an all-in-one pedal "board" that doesn't require chaining devices together before running into an amp.

On the other hand, maybe this will make me move out of my comfort zone and start experimenting with recording into a DAW (computer).

(I don't think I win any prizes for being the first to purchase something in 2020. Not that I was trying....)

The other guitarist in the band I'm in plugs his into a guitar amp and it sounds good.

Thanks, Don. I'm breathing a little easier now!

Forum Member

This. 11mm long socket for pots and jack nuts.

Forum Member

Damn! I have looked at those for a LOOOOONG time! Let us know how you like it! Damn...

A

VERY

HIPPY

CABLE

PEACE

AND

LOVE

Even though I have one at home, it doesn't do me any good there when I'm here. So, I bought a D'Addario Pro Winder, which made re-stringing my travel guitar a breeze. Win!

i was surprised at how much easier string winders made changing strings. I used to think it was just being lazy. Until I got more than one guitar.

Got it. Now, thanks to the Internet, I have to go find the manual!