Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 1791

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

I’m really surprised by this little unpretentious box. It KICKS ASS!

I just got home with this. It's a VVT X-40. It's a Dumble style amp. The head only weighs 20 pounds. The cab is about 35. It is closed back, ported, and has an Eminence Delta Pro 12A speaker in it.

I'm a sucker for custom color head/cab sets!

Forum Member

I found a deal on CL I couldn't pass on. MIM, really nice shape, have my friend Russell setting it up for me. It had an .052 E!

Forum Member

Not a purchase, but traded my MusicMan RD115 One Hundred for a small SS amp. So far I like it, 22# sounds a lot bigger than it is!

This place has been a graveyard lately (Halloween hangover?). I'm on a quick trip to Florida to receive an award and have turned it into a four museum marathon. I've been to the Dalí, the James, the Museum of the American Arts & Crafts Movement, and the Imagine Museum (glass art). All of them are in St. Petersburg, and three of them within walking distance of my hotel. As my trip comes to an end, I paid a visit to Seven C Music, a place I found last year, and is partly owned by Dave Hosler, a master luthier who joined Taylor Guitars in 1996 and eventually became their V. P. of Customer Service, Repair and Quality Control. He designed the Expression System and Expression System 2 for Taylor, and led the development of their T3 and T5 solid body guitars.

On my last trip, I saw the work they did on a customer's old, beat-up guitar and decided they would be my choice to restore my old 1971 Framus 12-string. So, I stopped by, got some tips about how to pack the guitar to bring it on my next trip, talked with Dave a bit, played a nice Taylor acoustic, and then decided to pop for a t-shirt. They have a very nifty logo!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    This place has been a graveyard lately (Halloween hangover?).
    I visit TFF about 3 times a day. Not posting much because I’m studying for a test I must take next Monday.

I’ll get back to pestering y’all on Tuesday

These are going in my MIM '72 Tele Thinline!

Just got this in on my pedalboard. Never thought I’d need one but it does help when you need to travel to play and use many different studio amps

My Taylor GS Mini-e Koa is currently my go-to acoustic guitar, so I thought it might be appropriate with the chilly season coming upon us to get a long-sleeve thermal. Why not combine interests?

Striving to be ordinary

I was at a local guitar show here, and picked up a few cables and a pedal from an outfit called Poison Noise.
    THe one |I got was distortion called The Crook. Has several different clipping diodes and clipping modes.
    All their pedals sounded good, There's one or two others I might be interested in, once |I get this one dialed in and I have a couple DIY kits I need to get built. I'll see what's missing from there.
    https://www.poisonnoises.com/
    https://www.poisonnoises.com/shop/p/thecrookv4
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Around thirty years ago my youngest daughter was interested in my guitars. I bought a hundred dollar half size classical and after two or three lessons, she returned to playing piano. Her older sister was married with children and about the time her second oldest daughter entered kindergarten, the younger daughter with the guitar gave it to her niece as a Christmas present. A few years later, the cheap tuners broke and the cost of replacing it was nearly as large as the cost of a new guitar. Older daughter moved to southern California and as the kids aged, they became interested in orchestral instruments. Oldest granddaughter tried trombone (I sent one of the cool blue plastic ones and later, a family member's brass Conn), and the guitar playing second granddaughter wanted violin. I shipped a student half size Yamaha violin bought when a music store closed down.

Cut to the grandkids' first Christmas in a new home... new Christmas tree, new kittens, new stepdad... happy 2022.

Watching a video call as they were setting up the tree, floofing the branches, the guitar/violin granddaughter announces she's saving to get a new guitar. Violin wasn't easy to get accurate notes and she remembered how much fun she had with the small guitar she once had.

Papa (me) has Sweetwater ship a Yamaha FS800 (with a gig bag) to granddaughter. It arrived yesterday.

Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Very nice, @VibroCount! I have the same hopes for my granddaughter. Time will tell. Great story!
    Striving to be ordinary

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Perfect!
    Mark

I jut bought my third guitar, this lovely Squier FSR Affinity Telecaster in metallic black with Indian Laurel fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JagzJim View Post
    I jut bought my third guitar, this lovely Squier FSR Affinity Telecaster in metallic black with Indian Laurel fretboard.

Very nice! I recently picked up a Squier Telecaster and was surprised at the build quality and tonal flexibility. Considering it was something like one-fourth the cost of its Fender-branded cousins, I feel like I almost stole it! Congratulations!
    Striving to be ordinary

Very nice! I like the blacked out look. Welcome to the forum.

Did some horse trading today. I got the bridge posts on my '11 R0 fixed, they had gotten bent by the case compressing when it was stacked up in storage.

Since I've decided that I'm scaling back to one of each, I'm keeping the R0 and used the R9 to trade towards a Fender Stratocaster. I had 6 to chose from, and went round robin on them for about an hour. This one kept charming me with its chime and piano-like sustain. it's a 2022 '56 relic Stratocaster in India Ivory. It has an off-center soft V neck, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets, 7 pounds 9 ounces, Fat 50s hand wound pickups. It sounds incredible through my 4x10 combo.

Here's a couple of quick pics I took

Now to sell a bunch of more stuff and get a Tele, and that will be it for me.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Did some horse trading today. I got the bridge posts on my '11 R0 fixed, they had gotten bent by the case compressing when it was stacked up in storage.

Since I've decided that I'm scaling back to one of each, I'm keeping the R0 and used the R9 to trade towards a Fender Stratocaster. I had 6 to chose from, and went round robin on them for about an hour. This one kept charming me with its chime and piano-like sustain. it's a 2022 '56 relic Stratocaster in India Ivory. It has an off-center soft V neck, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets, 7 pounds 9 ounces, Fat 50s hand wound pickups. It sounds incredible through my 4x10 combo.

Here's a couple of quick pics I took

Now to sell a bunch of more stuff and get a Tele, and that will be it for me.
    That's a beauty! Are you finding any difficulties selling things at a reasonable price lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That's a beauty! Are you finding any difficulties selling things at a reasonable price lately?
    yes, I have. Trying to sell stuff these days is not easy, even when you price stuff below market and I'm not talking just 5, 10 or 20 dollars under either.

TFF Stage Crew

Noice!

yes, I have. Trying to sell stuff these days is not easy, even when you price stuff below market and I'm not talking just 5, 10 or 20 dollars under either.
    That's what I've noticed.

I saw an ad for Warm Audio's take on a Klon, went to Sweetwater and asked to be informed when some more came in. Wednesday my rep called and said they had some and I said yes. it arrived yesterday.

I don't have any Klon experience, nor do I have any with clones thereof. I know the word transparency gets used a lot, but this is clearly transparent (pun not intended or is it?) It adds copious volume if you want it, a good amount of gain that doesn't cover up the guitar or amp. All three of my pickups on the Strat still sound like themselves. My Super Amp works impeccably well with this pedal.

I saw an ad for Warm Audio's take on a Klon, went to Sweetwater and asked to be informed when some more came in. Wednesday my rep called and said they had some and I said yes. it arrived yesterday.

I don't have any Klon experience, nor do I have any with clones thereof. I know the word transparency gets used a lot, but this is clearly transparent (pun not intended or is it?) It adds copious volume if you want it, a good amount of gain that doesn't cover up the guitar or amp. All three of my pickups on the Strat still sound like themselves. My Super Amp works impeccably well with this pedal.

I own a Klon clone myself (RHX soul food), and it is definitely a great overdrive

Heaven knows I don't need ANY more gear, but I still find it hard to pass up a great deal.

Sweetwater has these on sale for Black Friday, $599, down from $1099.

At least I won't have to take over bedroom number 3 to make room for this!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...watt-tube-head
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Responsible citizen that I am I sprang for this nice, little Martin 000Jr-10E Shawn Mendes Custom Edition, which is made from 100% Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified tonewoods. The case is also environmentally friendly, being made of recycled ocean plastic. No, I didn't need another guitar, but this one just looked so appealing that on a whim I purchased it. It arrived in four days and was in tune after I let it sit overnight. Heck, it's a Martin, right?

And no, I have no idea who Shawn Mendes is.
    Striving to be ordinary

Responsible citizen that I am I sprang for this nice, little Martin 000Jr-10E Shawn Mendes Custom Edition, which is made from 100% Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified tonewoods. The case is also environmentally friendly, being made of recycled ocean plastic. No, I didn't need another guitar, but this one just looked so appealing that on a whim I purchased it. It arrived in four days and was in tune after I let it sit overnight. Heck, it's a Martin, right?

And no, I have no idea who Shawn Mendes is.
    no idea either, but I like that guitar. How much smaller than a dreadnought is it? Parlor size?

no idea either, but I like that guitar. How much smaller than a dreadnought is it? Parlor size?
    I'm pretty bad at describing guitar sizes. It's nearly identical in size to my Taylor GS Mini. The Taylor's scale is a miniscule 23.5" but the Martin is still only 24." I suspect these fall into the parlor category, but modern technologies and construction techniques have put these guitars into a class by themself.

My GS Mini-e Koa and Martin 000JR-10 Shawn Mendes:

Striving to be ordinary

My new family member, complete with a Fender hard case, all in mint condition. Not a ding, scratch or mark on this 2015 Mustang. Fitted with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge and a Mojo Mustang in the neck. Tailstock also locked down. Blown away with this puppy. Christmas definitely come early to my humble house.

My new family member, complete with a Fender hard case, all in mint condition. Not a ding, scratch or mark on this 2015 Mustang. Fitted with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge and a Mojo Mustang in the neck. Tailstock also locked down. Blown away with this puppy. Christmas definitely come early to my humble house.
    Very nice! As a fan of short-scale guitars, I've often toyed with the idea of getting a Mustang. Yours is the "competition" model, I take it, with the stripes? And maybe it's my eyes, or the cast of the photos, but that neck looks very "light" for rosewood. It is rosewood, isn't it?
    Striving to be ordinary

Classy!!!!

Well I guess I have to set up a new photot hosting page. Old one expired.....

Not new but just got a guitar back that was in the shop for almost a year having a little work done. Bracing was damaged inside....top had a small crack....neck needed re set....fretboard needed sanded fretted etc. Original nut took a thin shim to bring it back.....top had buldging around bridge was fixed as Best as it could be and bridge had to be sculpted/carved on underside tonight contours. Almost ALL original integrity was maintained.... new saddle is the only obvious update.....which isn't bad for a 1948 Martin 00-18.
    It played great up and down the neck and is louder than I expected and chimy!https://i.postimg.cc/FHpRDd6N/20221209-194855.jpg
    [IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/197127...res/39749702s9
    Last edited by FrankJohnson; 12-12-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Black Mountain picks. Arthritis has destroyed my thumb joint, and I’m going to give these a go.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

four VIPots 525 Kohm matched audio taper pots and two .022 caps

probably be getting a new solder station soon as well.

A very basic looper pedal. If I get the hang of it, I may invest in one that's got more capability, but unlike my usual behavior, I decided to start simple.

Of course, I neglected to see if a 9v power adapter came with it, and it didn't. So I had to wait a couple of days for the Big River to deliver it.
    Striving to be ordinary

A very basic looper pedal. If I get the hang of it, I may invest in one that's got more capability, but unlike my usual behavior, I decided to start simple.

Of course, I neglected to see if a 9v power adapter came with it, and it didn't. So I had to wait a couple of days for the Big River to deliver it.
    A looper pedal is extremely high on my next to get list. I might wait to see if there are any President's Day sales or wait for whatever is the next big one. I want a Boss RC-1 like my jamming buddy has. I'm waiting for a sale because the price of used ones are insane, might as well buy new.

I just bought a new 20 ft guitar cable of the cheap import variety for a whopping $30.00!

Jeepus Chrysler! The greed in this world is just out of control!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I did this. I bought my first new guitar some 52 years ago while I was in college in Munich: A Framus acoustic 12-string. That guitar has been through thick and thin, and I didn't always treat it with the respect I now exhibit toward guitars, but it's stood the test of time, and now looks a little aged, even though it still plays great.

There's a guitar shop and lutherie in St. Petersburg, Florida owned and operated by Dave Hosler and his son, Joel. Prior opening his shop (Seven C Music), Dave was Taylor Guitars VP of Customer Service, Repair and Quality Control. He also invented the Expression System and Expression System 2, Taylor's proprietary pickup system. He proudly displays a handmade Taylor 8-string made for him by Bob Taylor in his shop. I've spoken with their techs and spent time in their shop, and from what I've seen, they are the place I'd trust to bring my ol' Framus back to "life."

A few years ago, the headstock label fell off. I ignored it at the time -- it was merely cosmetic, right? But I've decided the appropriate thing to do is to replace it with an authentic headstock label, so I ordered one from Framus. No big deal, right? Well, it sells for 13,00 € ($14.81 USD, before tax). But shipping to the USA runs an astounding €58.70 ($66.89 USD)!

But I paid it. Should be delivered within the next three weeks. Just about two weeks before I leave for Florida.
    Striving to be ordinary

A set of ebony/abalone bridge pins for my Washburn acoustic. Since my domestic accident I have been playing it and writing music with it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    A set of ebony/abalone bridge pins for my Washburn acoustic. Since my domestic accident I have been playing it and writing music with it a lot.
    Mr Cane, what happened with the domestic accident? I didn't see a thread about it.

Mr Cane, what happened with the domestic accident? I didn't see a thread about it.
    I was chopping onions for dinner and cut off the tip of my thumb. It wasn’t fun.