Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1791

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    The Small Stone arrived.
    Made in NYC. Does it have to quarantine for 14 days?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Made in NYC. Does it have to quarantine for 14 days?

Oh it’s be much worse if it had “EHX” or “www.EHX.com”, then it’d be a late build from Ch-aye-nah

Not sure if “guitar related” enough but just got a new psichedelic tee. I wear them to rehearsals and every other gig. This one will have to wait until band practice and jams are on again...

Picked up a breadboard kit that comes with transistors, resistors, caps, jumper wires, a power supply and some other stuff, and some extra breadboards, a bunch of 2n2222a transistors, and some BC109C transistors for a fuzz face build I'm gonna try on the breadboard. Picked up some 1.14mm blue Dunlop Gator Grip picks, also. Seems I prefer their size to the larger standard picks and the smaller Jazz picks. They seem to fit right between those 2.

I actually wore out my favorite V-pick, a glow in the dark Traditional Lite. Since I have no idea where the rest of them are, I picked up a half dozen Traditional Lite in blue, since the glow in the dark is no more ( have about 4 more of them somewhere )

been selling guitars, think it was a side effect of my Covid vax shot. Got my second yesterday. Afraid I'll be selling everything and become a non-musical drone.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I actually wore out my favorite V-pick, a glow in the dark Traditional Lite. Since I have no idea where the rest of them are, I picked up a half dozen Traditional Lite in blue, since the glow in the dark is no more ( have about 4 more of them somewhere )
    Why don't you turn off the light and look for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

Lol

d'oh, why didn't I think of that?

Forum Member

Not sure if it counts if you sell a guitar, and use the money for a different toy.
    I sold my 70's re-issue strat, and bought a new Glock 34. I've been shooting real calibers for years, but the arthritis in my hands is beginning to affect my shooting. I'll try 9mm for a while, and see if I can't hold the younger guys off for a few more years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Not sure if it counts if you sell a guitar, and use the money for a different toy.
    I sold my 70's re-issue strat, and bought a new Glock 34. I've been shooting real calibers for years, but the arthritis in my hands is beginning to affect my shooting. I'll try 9mm for a while, and see if I can't hold the younger guys off for a few more years!

I have very small hands (I've said this before. Repeatedly), so the "micro" 9mm feels best to me. When I got a SIG P365, it was game over, man. That gun is the schizz!
    Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

Some folks don't like the Glock grip, but I've always got along, (as do my girls). I generally add the Hogue grip sleeve which I like over the standard texture that comes on the gen 2 and 3 guns.
    My problem is my support hand thumb, it just kills me trying to keep the gun aligned when shooting fast. Just playing with the new one Saturday, (even before I've fixed the trigger), the lighter caliber is sure telling!

Well....not a new one....but excellent used 2017. Its like it was tailor made for me. http://https://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin/M-36-Standard-Grand-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar-Aged-Toner-1500000205186.gc
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Well....not a new one....but excellent used 2017. Its like it was tailor made for me. http://https://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin/M-36-Standard-Grand-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar-Aged-Toner-1500000205186.gc
    Wheee! Pics, or it didn't happen. You know the rules.
    Striving to be ordinary

Last edited by FrankJohnson; 04-27-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    Kenny Belmont

Congrats, Kenny!!!! I love Martins, own two. Yours looks amazing.

Is this one of the vintage reissues? My HD-28V from 96 is a pre-WWII reissue.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have very small hands (I've said this before. Repeatedly), so the "micro" 9mm feels best to me. When I got a SIG P365, it was game over, man. That gun is the schizz!
    I picked up a Shield 9mm about 2 years ago - got a GREAT deal and it is a fantastic small carry. generally, I can shoot a little bit, but not plugging a quarter out of the air with it. I also picked up a 365 last year. It is an EXCELLENT one as well. I really like the way it feels and its sights are on for me. I bought it used with about 100 rds through it. 2 extra 10 rd mags and it was a very good deal. Its tough to say which one I would keep if I could only have one. I think the advantage would go to the sig for extra capacity.
    Kenny Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Congrats, Kenny!!!! I love Martins, own two. Yours looks amazing.

Is this one of the vintage reissues? My HD-28V from 96 is a pre-WWII reissue.
    Thanks - I am going to say I don't think so. Its a 2017 and thats about all I know. I have more play hours on it than the previous owner at this point.

It is going in for a Fishman Matrix install soon. its a great pickup - and if I go to sell it at some point, I know enough players are out there that would prefer it installed already.
    Kenny Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Thanks - I am going to say I don't think so. Its a 2017 and thats about all I know. I have more play hours on it than the previous owner at this point.

It is going in for a Fishman Matrix install soon. its a great pickup - and if I go to sell it at some point, I know enough players are out there that would prefer it installed already.
    I'm not too concerned when keeping things stock if the playing experience is better for you for any reason. But congrats. It's a beautiful guitar.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Another set of Elixir 12-53 Phosphor Bronzew Nanoweb strings. I just replaced the set on my Taylor BBT-e and then noticed the set on my GS Mini were looking a little grotty.

Striving to be ordinary

Another set of Elixir 12-53 Phosphor Bronzew Nanoweb strings. I just replaced the set on my Taylor BBT-e and then noticed the set on my GS Mini were looking a little grotty.

I have been using those too. I really prefer the polyweb but they are hard to get right now.
    Kenny Belmont

Another PET-1 guitar humidifier from ProLix. Of all the in-guitar (acoustic) humidifiers I've tried, I like this one best. Easy (soak for 20 minutes, let air dry for 10, wipe and insert), lasts longer, doesn't need to be removed in order to play, doesn't require distilled water, and made in the USA. Patent Pending and lifetime guarantee!

(I misplaced my previous one, so I got this one in red to differentiate it when I finally locate my first).

Striving to be ordinary

I just received a new Crowther Hot Cake. Oddly, the baseplate is missing three screws! Only the screw in the masked off hole was included. It's clear that the other three countersunk holes have never had a screw in them.

Otherwise, it's a nice sounding pedal!

while I was in the Comcast store setting up the new house internet service, my phone rang and it was Sweetwater. I let it go to voicemail because I was busy.

"Your guitar is in, do you still want it?"

Guitar? Oh, yeah, the Epiphone Jared James Nichols Gold Glory. I thought it wasn't going to be in until August. Crap. I just spent a shit ton of money. I had put the order in before we even knew about this house. But if I canceled the order, I'd go to the back of the line and there's a very good chance the run would be sold out. I decided to not risk it and took it anyway. I was planning on selling a couple/three more guitars anyway, just that I don't have the time for the next few weeks or so.

Worst comes to worse, I can always sell it if I have to but I'd really like to have a P-90 guitar in my toolbox.

I've been curious about Stringjoy strings, and since I'm going on vacation soon, thought I'd buy some strings and spend some time getting a couple of my guitars freshened up. While I was specifying the strings, I also saw they offered a "natural string conditioner," so I said what the heck, and bought a bottle and a microfiber cloth (on sale).

Striving to be ordinary

|I haven't bought anything lately - not even strings (I have a backstock on those deep enough to choke an elephant, even though I don't change that often. I play all my guitars more or less in rotation so they don't get a ton of use at any given time.)
    There is a guitar show coming up in a couple weeks here, and |I'm considering packing a couple up to take with, see what they'll offer me for them.
    |Thinking on giving up my old BC Rich Mockingbird - it's an early Japanese import - reads BC Rico on the neck, which makes it an '82, I think. There were only 1500 or so made, of all varieties, so I have no idea what it's worth. Also maybe my Epiphone Dot (es335.) late 90s, I swapped the pickups on it pretty early on, had a bone nut installed. Don't really dig the neck too much on it... it's been a love-hate since a few years after I got it. Also wondering what I'd replace them with. I do have a hankering for a Gibson (or Gibson style) Les Paul Junior - single cut, single pickup for a long time, and maybe a self build project or something. Got some thinking to do...
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

nice. what is it?

nothing definite yet but I might be looking at a Les Paul Deluxe tomorrow or in the next couple of days. I've long wanted a mini-humbucker LP. There's a dealer not far from me who has 2 in stock. As much as I like my SG, it wasn't a planned purchase so it's available for trade bait. A lot depends on what they give me for it so I'm not making any announcement of acquisition just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    nothing definite yet but I might be looking at a Les Paul Deluxe tomorrow or in the next couple of days. I've long wanted a mini-humbucker LP. There's a dealer not far from me who has 2 in stock. As much as I like my SG, it wasn't a planned purchase so it's available for trade bait. A lot depends on what they give me for it so I'm not making any announcement of acquisition just yet.
    Good luck! The first Les Paul I liked was a 1972 Deluxe. I liked the mini-humbuckers.
    Last edited by Don; 05-22-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Picked up a new Audio Technica turntable so I have something decent to play my dads record collection on without destroying them. Can't wait til it gets here. I've got an original, pink label Allman Brothers 'At Fillmore East' sitting here, waiting to be played. And a bunch of other good stuff.

I bought some other stuff but it was all a week ago or more. Fuzz face circuit boards, pedal enclosure, 3pdt true bypass switches, a pot kit with 6different values of pots, and a few other things I can't recall.

Forum Member

I've been wanting a Thinline for a while, and was considering building one, but picked up this Squire for a good price! The neck is really nice, I may not change it. I didn't buy for the color, and think I will refinish it to match the PJ bass I refurbished for my beautiful bride!
    Last edited by Bill Moore; 06-01-2021 at 09:36 AM.

I can't see your pic!

Forum Member

I bought some strap locks, and picks, guess I didn't need the picks, as my granddaughter brought me these from their weekend trip!

Having decided that my Ibanez AG95QA sits on the top tier of my guitar collection, I figured a case for it was in order. Back-ordered, in fact. It finally arrived. The AG100C.

Striving to be ordinary

Picked up a magnetic arm for my 'helping hands' that, I also just bought. Ordered some desoldering wick. And also ordered some 2.1mm panel mount 9v sockets for pedal building.

Maybe something else I'm forgetting.

The helping hands I bought is like this, except it has screw-on arms instead of magnetic. I'm honestly considering returning it for this one below, with magnetic arms. The screw-on arms come loose any time I try to use them unless I'm purposely careful and make sure I don't loosen them.

I even tried threadlocker to keep them tight but that only caused them to come unscrewed at another joint.

A Squire Jazzmaster.
    Carry On!

John

Quote Originally Posted by studio1087 View Post
    A Squire Jazzmaster.
    welcome back to the forum!

So good and so convenient.

Let's see. I did get the LP Deluxe. I got a Browne Protein pedal but no power supply. Since it doesn't take batteries, I bought some battery clips only to find they were the wrong polarity, center or ring positive whatever. And some new V picks.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    So good and so convenient.

Stewmac is a dangerous website for me