Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

oh, gee. it fell out of your car and is probably broken now. better give it to me for proper disposal
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    oh, gee. it fell out of your car and is probably broken now. better give it to me for proper disposal
    I think it's ok!

I'd be embarrassed as a guitarist to play through such slop, Don. Why don't you go to Best Buy? They have little amps there that'll make you sound like a pro. Shoot, I'll go to Best Buy and pick one up, and we can make a trade. It's pretty even, but I'll throw in a pack of Best Buy brand strings. Top of the line, top of the line.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'd be embarrassed as a guitarist to play through such slop, Don.
    Ha! I was afraid you were going to tell the truth- something about my skills not being up to the level of the gear!

I bought the Nova used in almost mint condition for a lot less than the guy I bought it from paid for it new 9 months ago!

Great looking amps. I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of them.

As for being worthy of the gear. I'd be playing a cardboard box with one rubber band for a string if things went that way.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

deleted
    Last edited by MGW-AB; 02-17-2021 at 09:43 AM.

One of those Fender lunch boxes. Impulse buy.

Quote Originally Posted by waxbytes View Post
    One of those Fender lunch boxes. Impulse buy.
    I could get into one of those. If I still carried lunch to work. Working from home these days, though...

Hey, remember those lunch boxes that had a Thermos® bottle snugged into the lid?

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

[QUOTE=OldStrummer;644639]I could get into one of those. If I still carried lunch to work. Working from home these days, though...

Hey, remember those lunch boxes that had a Thermos® bottle snugged into the lid?

Sure do, and I think I have one or two around the house somewhere.

I can't get nostalgic about lunch boxes--the boxes were cool enough, but the glass or whatever on the inside of those thermoses broke so easily. We're talking late 60s, early 70s. I had three over elementary school time, and each one of them: broken glass. Plus other thermoses to replace them: more broken glass. And if you forgot them at school and had gotten milk in the thermos, by the next day, you had a rancid mess. If you left it over the weekend, you came back on Monday to find that a giant clabbered milk monster had eaten the principal, all of your teachers, and their aides. And you were happy, but then you found out the milk monster had eaten your crush, sweet little thing, now part of the milk monster's stomach.

I really need to get a job.

audio technica ATH-M50x headphones, I was getting tired of switching the Sony back and forth between the audio interface and the computer. Sooner or later I was going to lose the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

Plus the ATH-M50x have the option of using straight cables as well as coiled. When playing guitar the coiled cables were a bit of a nuisance.

I've been itching for a super Strat for years and have had a few guitars to try to get that thing- Hamer Diablo, Carvin Bolt with a Floyd, and a Carvin DC135. I played a Big Apple Strat years ago and loved the sounds that it offered, but it's not a type of guitar that I want to spend a lot of money on.

I received a Carvin Bolt kit build yesterday. It's got two humbuckers and currently has a 3 position toggle switch on it. I've got a 5 position super switch coming today. The one piece alder body and maple neck have a tung oil finish. The frets are in great shape on the ebony fretboard.

It showed up dirty with rusty strings. I took the whole thing apart, cleaned it and applied lemon oil to the whole guitar. The guitar is built with good components and just needed cleaning, re-stringing and setup other than my desire to have a 5 position switch with humbucker and single coil sounds.

I'll post my own pic after I wire it and set it up later today.

Nice score, Don! I like the looks of it much more than a Fender Super Strat, but then again, I'm partial to natural finishes like that.

just bought a 22 fret maple fingerboard Tele neck from the Chinese factory that made my beloved Squier CV50 neck. Looking forward to this one. Got an MJT body that I bought 2 or 3 years ago (dang, how does that happen the time going so fast?) that's waiting to be built. I don't even remember what color it is anymore, but I think it's white blonde.

Just ordered a hard case for my Blues Jr. Carrying It around unprotected is definitely a no no

put in a pre-order for the preamp pedal that I originally thought I bought from a member of another forum but it actually turned out to be the delay the preamp is designed to pair with. Now I'll have both units. For less than the price of the delay alone.

Forum Member

No money changed hands, but I traded a SS amp I don't use for a jumbo acoustic!
    (You might also notice great grand kids have been in the "Music Room")!

TRS burnishing plug and DeOxit. going to be setting up my rack stuff soon and I want to get the patch bay ready for action.

Forum Member

Never posted these. Thalia makes them. I believe they do some Fenderers as well. Nice and soft. Custom available.

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Never posted these. Thalia makes them. I believe they do some Fenderers as well. Nice and soft. Custom available.

Nice, didn't see those before. Got one of their capos.

Bill Moore--

Congratulations on your jumbo. I'd love to find a good lefty jumbo.

Enjoy playing it, and give a review if you have time. That's a pretty and interesting looking acoustic.

Forum Member

ch willie, I took the guitar and a set of Martin light gauge strings to my friend Russell. I think the neck could be a little lower also. He played it a while, and started into a story about another fellow, and his wife both have jumbo guitars, and his slim body is being dwarfed while playing in church. I told him this one was a little gaudy, and plenty loud, but didn't think the lord would mind.
    I'm afraid he's gonna want it now!

Well, Bill, you better grab you a stick in case you have to convince him to give it back. Just kidding, ha ha.

It really is a beautiful instrument, and I hope you have a lot of great years with it.

Just got the road case I ordered for my amp. Pretty cool, Very well built.

I wondered if it had come in yet. Nice to know your stuff is protected when you've got to move it.

Got an MXR Carbon Copy delay pedal for my bass pedalboard. I can't try it out though because my son is working from here this week, so the house has to be quiet. when he stops working at 7pm, then it's time for us to visit. He'll leave Saturday and the guitars and basses shall sing.

Cool road case!

I just received something that I ordered. I probably shouldn't say much about it until I take a pic. It's cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Cool road case!

I just received something that I ordered. I probably shouldn't say much about it until I take a pic. It's cool, though.

Yes, it's a simple "crate style" case. This amp is lightweight and small so wheels and such would be pointless. I liked it a lot.

I want to get one for a Princeton Reverb size amp. I've had amps get damaged in my car before. It was a Marshall DSL 401. Loved that amp but the pots were mounted to the circuit board and one of them got broken and the amp was never the same.

2018 PRS S2 Studio. I was interested in these when they came out briefly in 2018, but couldn't afford one at the time. This one's almost like new. It's got some cool tones- I'd say Gretsch-like, but I have no real Gretsch experience to know for sure. My only concern is the teeny tiny little neck. It's a narrow and thin and the round shape seems to make it feel even smaller.

[/url]

2018 PRS S2 Studio. I was interested in these when they came out briefly in 2018, but couldn't afford one at the time. This one's almost like new. It's got some cool tones- I'd say Gretsch-like, but I have no real Gretsch experience to know for sure. My only concern is the teeny tiny little neck. It's a narrow and thin and the round shape seems to make it feel even smaller.

[/url]

Great purchase, I was hot for PRS in the early 90s but couldn't afford one, was a student at the time. A Review is mandatory!

Wow, I didn't know PRS made guitars that looked like that. It reminds me of a pawnshop guitar my brother got for Xmas in 1968. I eventually inherited but never played it, and not sure where it is now, but no one in the family has it. Dumpster probably.

But I dig that vibe and I dig the fact that you've got an incredible guitar behind the patina.

Do you think that you'll be able to get used to the small neck?

Alice Cooper Complete music book (1972) yeah, I know there's more albums after that

That's a pretty guitar. I was seriously considering a PRS SE 245 during my search for a short-scale electric. Thing is, I really wanted a Fender, and when I found a short-scale Tele, I had to jump. The 245 still lingers in my mind...
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Do you think that you'll be able to get used to the small neck?
    Here's where the numbers can let you down! I measured this guitar's neck today and it's actually not small at all! In fact, the numbers would lead me to believe that it'd fit me like a glove! It's 1.679" wide at the first fret, 0.866" deep at the first fret and 0.952" deep at the 12th fret. It's the shape that makes it feel small and that's because of my lousy caveman thumb hanging over the top playing technique. The "Rounded C" nack on my ES-335 was over 0.020" thinner at the first fret and felt a lot larger than this neck.

Anyway, it's a really cool guitar! I hope to give more details in a separate thread.

Oops! Another one followed me home!

I have been having a hankering for a natural finish big headstock strat with 6 screw bridge and vintage tuners. What is that beauty?

Ooh, very purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I have been having a hankering for a natural finish big headstock strat with 6 screw bridge and vintage tuners. What is that beauty?
    It's a 2002 Classic Series '70s Strat. MIM. Check out my thread on it in the Stratocaster section.

I donated some money to the Les Paul Forum. Let's face it, the Fender Forum exists only because of the Les Paul Forum.

I consider that Guitar-Related.