Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Forum Member

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Just waiting on the UPS guy with my amp, and in the meantime I dug out some of my old gear....a couple Boss pedals, my wireless rig, cords ect. ( right now I kind of resemble that pic of a kid at the table holding knife and fork upright waiting on his dinner.

Just got my new pedal case. The mail delayed it a lot, and the Walker and Williams stuff is yet to come.

Anyway, it was very cheap but is very sturdy and good looking... I think it'll last a bit.

Last edited by S. Cane; 06-06-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Nice case!

I’m thinking of buying a practice amp for my bass so that I can leave the Rumble 350 in my band’s rehearsal space.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

is that the brand name of the case or is it a band sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Band sticker!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Band sticker!
    Band sticker, it's my band's logo!

well, the brown truck just left here a few minutes ago. I know I said i wasn't going to buy anything and even said specifically not any bodies but ... 3 days after I said that MJT puts up a vintage blonde tele body swamp ash 3 pounds 9 ounces, one of the lightest tele bodies I've seen in a while. And it's swamp ash. In a very nice vintage blonde with very little relic. I messaged him and said I'll take it now and he said 'ok'. I haven't unpacked it yet to take pictures so we'll just have to wait. It's not really going to look different from my avatar just hopefully a good two pounds lighter. I plan to move all the hardware from my Squier over and sell it as a project or parts, probably sell it for a buck and a quarter shipped. Somebody will get the basis for a really nice tele for low bucks.

Forum Member

I love watching that "brown truck" coming down my road!

So, the Walker and Williams stuff I ordered has arrived.

I must say it ain't anything fancy, really. The capo is just a simple capo in a leather pouch...

The strap is made of thin leather and cushioned. It's actually wider than the pics might suggest...

I'm not sure it'll last long, but it's comfortable and since it doesn't cost much, I'd say it's a fair bang for the buck. Looks good on my SG.

Nice, Sergio!

I just ordered a Korg Pitchblack Pedal Tuner. Had a Boss one, but it gave up the ghost a year ago. Now that I'm going to be gigging again, thought it was time to get something.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

ordered some string ferrules yesterday, should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to this. Going to set it up with 9s like the strat. Might take a while to dial it in. The saddles are not compensated but I had help to intonate it in a quasi Jerry Donahue style. If I'm lucky I won't be moving them too much when I transfer the bridge to the new body.

need to look around and see if I have a neck plate somewhere, otherwise I'll glom the squier's.

I've got new reverb cables coming today for my Mojotone Princeton Reverb clone. I've had intermittent reverb problems with the amp that I think I've isolated to being a bad cable.

Ordered a Fender Rumble 40 bass amp for home so that I can leave my Rumble 350 in the practice room. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the 350. It is a hell of a good sounding bass amp. Nice lows and also good for slapping and popping which I only do on two songs from 50 in the band.

This came my way. Pretty cool I think.

Last edited by Offshore Angler; 07-02-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

heck yeah, that's cool

sort of guitar related, I ordered a rotary hand drill which I hope to use for stuff like pickguard tuners control plate installation. I've always felt like I was using a sledgehammer to swap a mosquito when using my cordless drill for such work.

thinking (dangerous, I know) wildly about building the new MJT body as an Esquire. I've got a pickguard (white), a CV 50 pickup, a wired control plate with the Eldred mod. All I need to get really is a bridge plate and the output jack cup stuff. I have some compensated saddles from before sitting unused. Or I can rebuild the Squier and move it on. Once I get the MJT built and the bass finished I'll have 5 guitars plus my nephew's acoustic and I just don't have the room one has to go.

Otherwise it is sell the stripped Squier body and neck parted out or otherwise.

Dan, that sounds like an exciting project. Can’t wait to see it underway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Nice, Sergio!

I just ordered a Korg Pitchblack Pedal Tuner. Had a Boss one, but it gave up the ghost a year ago. Now that I'm going to be gigging again, thought it was time to get something.

Forum Member

I've got an Eminence GA10-SC64 coming for my Mojotone Princeton Reverb. I love the amp's sound with the Jensen C10Q in it but it sounds a little "soft" with a band. I'm hoping a little added efficiency (3db) and maybe less scooped mids helps.

Don - excellent choice, if I didn't already have my legacy Weber Blue Dog sitting in storage, I would have bought one of those for my Princeton.

Mike - I was this close >< to buying one of those EKG picks but I've bought a bunch the past couple of years and I'm embarrassed to say how much $ in picks I have right now.

I got my drill the other day

Ordered a power screwdriver, something I've wanted for several years now it arrived today

Ordered some strap buttons when I relented and decided not to pillage the Squier body. Add to order was an assortment of double ended B&D screw bits for the B&D power screwdriver I got.

Ordered a mojotone electrosocket, not going to fuss with the vintage style cup

Forum Member

Mike - I was this close >< to buying one of those EKG picks but I've bought a bunch the past couple of years and I'm embarrassed to say how much $ in picks I have right now.
    You mean to the point you have a special jewel case just for those special picks? Who am I to judge?

Just acquired - although I didn't pay for it - for an Amazon Vine review.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

but do it know to tune up to the note from below and not down to the note from above?

I swear that 90% of the people who complain about tuning instabilities don't know how to restring a guitar, stretch the strings and tune up to, never down to pitch. Or they flail on a whammy bar like Hendrix on a Quaalude bender and complain it doesn't stay in tune.

Forum Member

but do it know to tune up to the note from below and not down to the note from above?

I swear that 90% of the people who complain about tuning instabilities don't know how to restring a guitar, stretch the strings and tune up to, never down to pitch. Or they flail on a whammy bar like Hendrix on a Quaalude bender and complain it doesn't stay in tune.

Good question - I can't imagine actually buying one of these, but it will be fun playing around with it. I suspect it will end up in the pile of stuff I never use.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    This came my way. Pretty cool I think.

Pretty cool indeed. I love those gigs! Billy Gibbons set the house on fire there.

been ordering a bunch of stuff

got my mojotone electrosocket today

strap buttons must be getting sent by canoe from china, not due until July 5. fortunately that is something I can add after the guitar is built and in fact I still haven't installed them on my lake placid blue strat.

ordered a control plate. found a bridge plate with steel saddles, going to swap for the brass saddles on my CV50. found some 50s style dome knobs. found a tele pre-wired control assembly.

ordered a neck plate and red pearloid pickguard, and a couple of switch tips. Now I wait.

The Eminence Allesandro speaker showed up yesterday. It really brought my Mojotone PR to life. That amp is very warm and this speaker is pretty bright. I raised the bass and lowered the treble. So far I've only tried it with my Strat and Tele. Beautiful chime and sparkle. Play low notes quietly and it sounds like you can hear the paper that the speaker's made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    it sounds like you can hear the paper that the speaker's made of.

That's a delicious description!

Nothing new, but Jessica looks really cool with the W&W strap on, doesn't she?

Just like a good leather holster for a Colt Peacemaker.

switch tips are here, waiting for the rest

neck plate and pickguard arrived. slight screwup in the order, instead of the red pearloid guard I wanted they sent a brown tortoise shell. Which would work nicely for a '63 look. I'm tempted to say eff it and go with that. But I already sent the email saying I got the wrong thing.

The neck plate is fine.

sourced a pickguard from warmoth, cost me 3 times as much as stratosphereparts but a man's gotta do what he's gotta do.

swapped the original neck and saddle bridges back onto the CV50 and retained the old strings. I did one last recording before the swap and I'm going to do an overdub with everything the same except the neck and saddles. Be willing to bet that doesn't happen terribly often

The benefit of swapping one saddle a time made it possible for me to place the saddles almost exactly where the outgoing ones were. I checked the intonation and it was surprisingly spot on. Adjusted the relief last night and today I'm going to radius the saddles and set the action height.

As much as I like rosewood for playing, I've forgotten how good a maple fingerboard tele looks. Plus I have the black pickguard off it right now to give it a good cleaning in case I sell the guitar and it looks pretty cool naked. You can see the difference in the finish after 10 years of being out all the time on a stand.

Hope for picks soon, Dan!

Forum Member

I bought a Pick-Box.

what are those skull thingies?

i bought some #6x1 oval head Phillips head sheet metal screws to put the bridge plate on my tele. My custom pickguard came in and I inadvertently ordered it with Tele neck pickup holes. It turns out that is rather serendipitous because that will actually be easier to mount and according to the gurus on the telecaster site veritably no tonal difference whatsoever and a lot easier than trying to line up the holes in the pickup cavity with the neck and the pickguard.

Forum Member

what are those skull thingies?
    Rings

Quote Originally Posted by mikesr1963 View Post
    Rings

Pretty cool, is that a Ruger?

It's been over 48 hours, but I've been away.