Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

nice!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

I just got a Fulltone Deja Vibe. I've asked people on the FX thread to let me know where they put their rotary pedals in the FX chain.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

stratosphere is taunting me with $27.99 Ping steel trem sets. thinking about picking up one for future build
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

First music purchase in a while. Amazon is blowing them out for $139. A really nice sounding mic. I've had the Worker Bee for a couple years - a great mic, but the King Bee blows it out of the water.

Last edited by gibsonjunkie; 08-15-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I'm this >< close to pulling the trigger on a studio desk purchase. I really should sell something to justify it.

Zowie Zip. I bought a Dunlop medium medicine bottle slide.
    Yeah, I know. I can sense the membership of the site roaring with excitement
    ..............zzzzzzzz
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Forum Member

I decided to find a better case for my Gibson SG, and use the Epi case it's in for my Epi project. Lost out on a used SKB from the bay, but found another "open box" on Reverb for $110 shipped! (I would love to have a "Gibson" case, but they get crazy money for them.)

Unpacked my KLOS from my trip to Toronto and set to assembling it when the D string broke. Fortunately, I had some time this afternoon, so I went to the guitar store and bought a new set.

I had watched this for a while, a Kinnatone modded MXR CSP script logo Dyna Comp (DC, LED, true-bypass), no velcro. Pulled the trigger Sat night, it got here this morning and I tested it out already.

Just paid off my Sweetwater card--so remember all the stuff I've bought recently? It's like I just bought a busload of gear. Does that count?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

NICE EPIPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

there's something in the mail. I do hope they don't use USPS, it'll crush the mailbox. Got the email that it's been shipped, waiting for the freight company to contact me for the delivery.

Dropped off at my office yesterday after I'd left for the day.

My Epiphone 20th Anniversary Jack Casady Bass came with a nice gig bag, but since it's such a sweet instrument, I decided I wanted a HSC to pack it in. Only one seems to fit - an Epiphone Jack Casady Bass Case. Waiting for me as I came in this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Dropped off at my office yesterday after I'd left for the day.

My Epiphone 20th Anniversary Jack Casady Bass came with a nice gig bag, but since it's such a sweet instrument, I decided I wanted a HSC to pack it in. Only one seems to fit - an Epiphone Jack Casady Bass Case. Waiting for me as I came in this morning.
    I have to say, this is one of the finest guitar cases made I've ever seen! I've bought a number of cases over the years, and this one tops them all. It looks great, every seam is perfect, the cushioning is superb, and the hardware snaps shut first time, every time.

Yes, it's made specifically for the Epiphone Jack Casady bass, and it shows. The bass fits as if it were a glove. The cushioning wraps the instrument lovingly and securely, and the balance carrying it makes it effortless.

It feels kind of strange reviewing a case, fer crying out loud. But this thing looks great, and works great!

Forum Member

I too have been shopping cases. My Gibson SG came with an Epi case, and it is nice, but it says Epiphone. A Gibson case is crazy money, so I decided on an SKB molded case from Reverb. I did some research, and it seems TKL makes Gibson cases, and one can be had for a lot less than one with the Gibson logo! Very nice, 4 latches, and 3 hinges like the $200 Gibson.
    I am in the process of putting together an Epi G-400, that had the hardware stripped, and it will look fine in the Epi case!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

No pics hosted as of yet, but took delivery of a 2018 Rickenbacker 4003 in Midnight Blue on Friday
    Mark

I will need 3 guitar cases and one bass case, keeping an eye out for ridiculous prices

Looking forward to seeing it, blackonblack. Welcome to the Rickenbacker bass club.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    Zowie Zip. I bought a Dunlop medium medicine bottle slide.
    Yeah, I know. I can sense the membership of the site roaring with excitement
    ..............zzzzzzzz
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it, blackonblack. Welcome to the Rickenbacker bass club.
    If you don’t mind a cross post
    http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/ind...?topic=30659.0
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I too have been shopping cases. My Gibson SG came with an Epi case, and it is nice, but it says Epiphone. A Gibson case is crazy money, so I decided on an SKB molded case from Reverb. I did some research, and it seems TKL makes Gibson cases, and one can be had for a lot less than one with the Gibson logo! Very nice, 4 latches, and 3 hinges like the $200 Gibson.
    I am in the process of putting together an Epi G-400, that had the hardware stripped, and it will look fine in the Epi case!
    I should get a new case for my SG. It's currently in (when I case it...) a rectangular generic case... the headstock sits at the bottom, but there's a little pillow for it to rest on. That said, it's the case that came with it when I got it almost 27years ago (holy shit... that long???!?!?!?!?!) (I got it in 1992, it's a 1980, so I don't know how long it was in there before that)
    That it's survived this long with no issue should relax me, but every time I case it, I feel like I'm tempting fate. It's been through the wringer, but no breaks. (so far...)
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

I have to say, this is one of the finest guitar cases made I've ever seen! I've bought a number of cases over the years, and this one tops them all. It looks great, every seam is perfect, the cushioning is superb, and the hardware snaps shut first time, every time.

Yes, it's made specifically for the Epiphone Jack Casady bass, and it shows. The bass fits as if it were a glove. The cushioning wraps the instrument lovingly and securely, and the balance carrying it makes it effortless.

It feels kind of strange reviewing a case, fer crying out loud. But this thing looks great, and works great!

I carry my '59 ES-225 in an Epiphone case. The 1960s Ess & Ess case that I received it in was pretty smelly. Epiphone offered a thinline case with an arched top. It's been the perfect case for the guitar.

Forum Member

I know what you mean about the "square" case and an SG. I got my Epi project in one, the notch had even been worn down. I raised the neck up with about an inch of pad, and it contacts the lid foam, and doesn't slide around on the tuners. (It fits my Tele nicely, however!)

This was delivered this afternoon! Aston Stealth microphone. Very versatile, well-built and sounds great! I love how even my voice sounds pretty good through it.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I've been very tempted to snag one of those. Thing is, I've got a fair number of mics I'm already not using due to noisy house and untreated rooms.

how's the noise floor on that mic? Does it need a lot of gain?

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I've been very tempted to snag one of those. Thing is, I've got a fair number of mics I'm already not using due to noisy house and untreated rooms.

how's the noise floor on that mic? Does it need a lot of gain?
    It's got a built-in preamp so gain is not an issue. Very flexible circuitry with 4 different settings. It just SOUNDS good! External noise is rejected pretty well. I also use the Aston Halo noise filter (it's attached) and that helps too. I just wrote a review on Amazon but it hasn't been published yet.

ABF done gone and surprised me, showing up at 12:30 without a phone call telling me when to expect them. I thought about taking a picture but it's just a couple cartons on a pallet skid. Eep. 245 pounds. Glad I'm not trying to wrestle that across a parking lot and into my car.
    hope to have this set up somewhere in the next couple of months, that's still a fluid situation

TFF Stage Crew

A couple new purchases. Custom made G&L ASAT Classic S and limited edition tweed Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Pretty cool amp!!!

The finish on that ASAT is Sofa King beautiful!

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Sofa King. Love it.

It's "Orange Metallic Flake." I saw another Tele with that finish at a guitar shop in Dallas called Tone Shop Guitars. It stuck with me for a long time, and when I finally contacted them about snapping it up, it was gone. They wound up handling the special order for from G&L. Finally a Tele body with a belly cut.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Sofa King. Love it.

It's "Orange Metallic Flake." I saw another Tele with that finish at a guitar shop in Dallas called Tone Shop Guitars. It stuck with me for a long time, and when I finally contacted them about snapping it up, it was gone. They wound up handling the special order for from G&L. Finally a Tele body with a belly cut.
    Absolutely gorgeous guitar. There's something about a sparkly telecaster that's just timeless and beautiful. I got my Reverend Pete Anderson from Wildwood out of Colorado ( one of 16) I had been looking at everything from Squire Affinity's to Fender Professionals when I stumbled upon it. It checked all the boxes minus belly or forearm cuts. Anyway... I think I posted it already but in case I didn't...

Beautiful stuff!

I bought a re-coned JBL E120 for my Mesa MK IIB for $25! The E120 was one of the optional speakers on the price list for this amp (along with the Eminence 150 watt Black Shadow, EVM12L and Altec 417-8H) and I figured I'd give one a chance. It's going to turn the amp into a boat anchor (a very bright and loud boat anchor)!
    Last edited by Don; 05-24-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    How does it sound with that added middle pickup? I have a Fender Classic Player Triple Tele, with three Nocasters and a five-way switch, and it sounds fabulous! I call it my "Tele-Strat-or" because it sounds like both a Tele AND a Strat!

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous guitar. There's something about a sparkly telecaster that's just timeless and beautiful. I got my Reverend Pete Anderson from Wildwood out of Colorado ( one of 16) I had been looking at everything from Squire Affinity's to Fender Professionals when I stumbled upon it. It checked all the boxes minus belly or forearm cuts. Anyway... I think I posted it already but in case I didn't...

Oh man, that's a beaut!

TFF Stage Crew

How does it sound with that added middle pickup? I have a Fender Classic Player Triple Tele, with three Nocasters and a five-way switch, and it sounds fabulous! I call it my "Tele-Strat-or" because it sounds like both a Tele AND a Strat!
    I love it. It does those Strat, in-between tones flawlessly, I play most of my syncopated rhythm parts on my Strat's middle pickup for our funk/R&B cover material, so that was an even bigger draw for me than the in-between tones. But... when we occasionally do "Wonderful Tonight," it sounds like buttah in that neck/mid position.

Polytune 3 pedal...a pretty awesome tuner that includes a signal buffer

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Sparkle Tele's lovin it!!!