Thread: The Sunday Thread For March 24, 2024 - Palm Sunday

The Sunday Thread For March 24, 2024 - Palm Sunday

Now might be the time to practice up on our palm muting given the day.

Or not.

I leave for an extended journey down under this week. So I may or may not be posting here for a number of weeks. Wishing you well as I embark upon an "iron butt" flight and several weeks enjoying new sights, foods and folks.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Sunday Thread For March 24, 2024 - Palm Sunday

Enjoy ! Getting ready to play a few bass gigs today. Then later finish working on music for a guitar gig on Friday. Got taxes 98% done yesterday.
    Mark

Anyone else notice the clock on the forum is off? When I posted it was 7:00am my time, but the forum is reporting it as 5:30am.

The forum usually adjusts for local time, but suddenly it's not. Curious. Where is the server located?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

bright day but chilly, we got a buttload of rain and some snow and ice. It was cold enough that even almost 10 inches of rain didn't wash away the frozen stuff. I'm surprised we don't have more flooding than we did.

Tried something last night. I used my '69 Princeton with my Strat>tuner>dirt>delay>compressor>input 1 of Princeton, then from input 2 of Princeton>audio interface.

I confirmed that the effect pedals were recorded on the DAW, while I heard the amp in the room. I haven't confirmed if the tremolo of the amp got recorded, the delay already has a tremolo-like effect. Need to try it without the delay next.

Found a bunch of mics when I was searching for some patch cables. Now I need to find some mic stand(s) and base(s). Recording live won't be pristine, all the Bufords and their loud toys going by will be caught on tape no doubt. But I'm itching to record with a mic again. Maybe it'll give me more incentive to get the music room built.

I could waste time watching basketball but I have zero dogs in that fight. I filled out a bracket and the very first game to finish (BYU vs Duquesne and don't ask me to pronounce it) busted it and likely many millions of others, LOL. I saw a graphic Friday night that the NCAA said 0 perfect brackets were left.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Good day all! Not much rest this weekend. I had a class to teach yesterday at Sacred Heart University. A friend of mine teaches a certification course for incoming school superiendents and I always do a class for him to talk about school boards and how to best work with them. It's always a lot of fun. Today we are off to see my grandaughter in her school play. She just turned 10 and is a great kid. Slow week thius week - that's OK - glad for that this week!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

For some unknown reason what I posted earlier this morning disappeared. Whatever…

Been horribly sick the last few days. Fever, sweats, coughing feeling stoned....
    Frickin awful!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.