Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 1804

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    This is a timely post for me, as I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Sometimes I'll open a case just to be "surprised" by what's in it, just thinking to swap one guitar for another. On the other hand, sometimes when I'm looking for a specific guitar, it's a guessing game. Solidbody cases and acoustic dreadnought cases all look the same, so without a label, it's hard to remember which is which.

Did you buy blank labels and print out your own photos/names?
    I did! I got this pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B637XC65 - full disclosure, I got them as part of the Amazon Vine program, so I got them for free, but they were just what I was looking for. This kit comes with three different types of paper- gloss white, clear and holographic. I was only interested in the white. I used a MS Word template - six to a page and used a paper cutter to cut them straight. I found the graphics online - easy-peasy!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    That's a beauty!
    I picked up an Epi for my wife last year, she says banjo's a little harder than bass!
    The thing is HEAVY...and LOUD. I love it. Sounds amazing.

I ordered it from Banjoteacher.com - Ross Nickerson runs that shop and he actually called me about my order. I ordered the wrong model that was out of stock, but he took the time to explain some options I didn't select initially (all for no extra cost).

Kind of rare these days...but I learned a lot before I even got the thing!
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

Shortly after I got her banjo, I traded a 12 string I never liked for a mandolin. I spent a little time on "Fueding Banjos", and we worked the tune out. (I think it's a little thin without a guitar!) I was hoping we could "Bile 'em Cabbage Down", but we somehow ran out of time! Maybe this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I did! I got this pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B637XC65 - full disclosure, I got them as part of the Amazon Vine program, so I got them for free, but they were just what I was looking for. This kit comes with three different types of paper- gloss white, clear and holographic. I was only interested in the white. I used a MS Word template - six to a page and used a paper cutter to cut them straight. I found the graphics online - easy-peasy!
    NICE! Thank you!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I made a Freudian click offer on Reverb for a Dark Night AmPro II Strat on Reverb, and my offer was accepted. I’m getting it for about $600 less than list. And oh hell, I never thought they’d accept the offer. Sometimes, stores are just happy if they can get rid of a lefty—I’ve benefited from that several times. It’s listed as being in excellent condition and has all the stickers still on it. I’m going to have to sell some gear to cover it. Anyone want a huge pedalboard with a hard case? I’ll list everything in the appropriate places soon. I’ve got several great pedals and a Pod HD500X to sell too.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've been buying, selling, and trading quite a bit lately! I just picked up a Mesa V-1 Bottle Rocket overdrive pedal. It steps up 12VAC to 250VAC to supply two 12AX7 tubes with no transistors, opamps, or clipping diodes. This is not the high gain sound you've come to expect from Mesa amps. It's also not a "transparent" overdrive. More of a moderate gain, compressed early Boogie sound. It's a lot of fun in front of a clean to semi-clean amp.

So, this experiment failed... the adhesive won't stick to guitar cases. I ordred some laminating sleeves that can act as hang tags and will try those out. Once I test it out, I'll report here...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I wasn't as adventurous as you. I wound up buying a pack of 22 luggage tags in multiple colors with metal loops. I will just write the guitar details on each and fasten them to the case handles. I needed something like this to hand-carry my old 12-string on board my recent flight, so I just thought I'd carry through by tagging each guitar. Found on Amazon.

Striving to be ordinary

I just use a silver paint pen to mark my cases. Indelible but can be removed if required. But really, between all the stencils and stickers you get to know them. I also use the same road case for different guitars depending on which band I'm playing with, so the cases are not married to specific guitars.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Old Strummer - you had a much simpler idea... this is what I came up with...

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Old Strummer - you had a much simpler idea... this is what I came up with...

I wouldn't use those if you're traveling via commercial air and the guitar is going as checked baggage......
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I wouldn't use those if you're traveling via commercial air and the guitar is going as checked baggage......
    I would agree with that. I doubt I'd ever fly with a guitar, though. This is really just - 20 guitars - 20 cases and not wanting to play "find the right case".

I would agree with that. I doubt I'd ever fly with a guitar, though. This is really just - 20 guitars - 20 cases and not wanting to play "find the right case".
    I agree with this. The ones I bought (actually, I bought two different sets) have the metal tag ring that screws together. I started tagging my guitars yesterday.
    Striving to be ordinary

I have a wonderful AmPro I PB, but severe arthritis makes that neck an enemy, so I bought a JB neck with a maple fretboard for it. I can still handle JB necks, and the only drawback is that I like the rosewood with the white body. But No biggy. It’ll be nice to play the PB with more dexterity and less pain.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I bought a used Katana 50 watt solid state amp. not too bad.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

What I’m trying to NOT buy:
    Gretsch Duo Jet
    Parker Bass
    PRS Hollow II Piezo

but I’m working a deal LOL
    Mark

Well I failed with a $300+ drop. Now an owner of a PRS Hollow II Piezo. Sounded fantastic through the AC 15 at the shop. My main Fractal patch is AC30 based. It will make its debut this Sun once I figure out to get it home.
    option 1: I’ve had this for a while, I was having a luthier do work on it
    option 2: sneak it in

the upside is it’s a brown burst as many of my others. To my wife they all look the same. “Just another brown guitar”.
    Mark

Option 3: Beg for forgiveness then take her out shopping for some shoes.

Tell her you just want to cuddle and then really just cuddle.

How about a Diaz Treble Boost Clone?

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

I bought NOTHING.... Not like I haven't tried...
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

New Snark tuner for those times when I'm not carrying my pedal board with me.

A D'Addario soundhole guitar tuner. Fiddling with headstock tuners on an acoustic guitar can be bothersome and it's ugly to have a wart on full display while playing, so I bought one of these nifty little tuners that simply slides on and into the soundhole. Invisible to all, save for the outside of the clip, it's easy to activate and view without even being obvious about it.

Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

I have used a few different pedal tuners, and the Snarks, and others that are similar. Last year I traded for a Peterson clip on, and really like it, the "strobe" display seems easier to visualize. (Of course somewhere I still have an "A" tuning fork which used to be good enough!)

it still needs to be checked out but I may have found an excellent condition JCM2000 DSL401 combo. I ordered it and it will be shipped to my local GC. It was a bit more than the private sale one that's 2.5 hours away from me. But if for any reason I don't like it, I can walk away. The private sale I have to drive 5 hours round trip and would hate to do that only to find out it's a dud.

I wasn't planning on pursuing the amp but my GC rep called me this morning and I got to thinking about it. I had had a different amp in my cart but later its condition was changed to poor, and if GC says that then yeah, I walked. I forgot to take it out of my cart and when my rep got back from vacation today they gave me a call.

Hopefully it takes its sweet time getting here so I can sell something to defray or even cover the cost.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Bah! That thing would be flicked off the clip and rattling around inside my guitar halfway through the first song! LOL!

I love the idea, but I pick hard and deep at times and fear I would knock it right off the clip.

I tend to play acoustic more like electric style. Nice idea though. Peg head tuners do look pretty gooofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Bah! That thing would be flicked off the clip and rattling around inside my guitar halfway through the first song! LOL!

I love the idea, but I pick hard and deep at times and fear I would knock it right off the clip.

I tend to play acoustic more like electric style. Nice idea though. Peg head tuners do look pretty gooofy.
    You'd think that Fishman (or somebody else) would integrate one of those tuners into the electronic control modules that they install in acoustic/electric instruments......

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    You'd think that Fishman (or somebody else) would integrate one of those tuners into the electronic control modules that they install in acoustic/electric instruments......

Or some type of self-tuning "Robot" guitar. 😂
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I checked out that amp and it was a no-go. Somewhere between the picture online and being unboxed, one of the gold faces on a knob came off. The reverb wouldn't shut off. The sound was very thin and uninspiring. I know hearing memory isn't quite like olfactory memory but I know my old 401 sounded a lot better than this. Could it have been fixed? Maybe. But it was described as excellent condition and this was anything but. I wasn't going to pay a premium price and have to fix it too, so I returned it on the spot. The search continues.

Got a ToneWood amp. Not really an amp, but a device that adds effects to acoustics without having to go to pedals/amp. They were having a 30 off sale and I bit. Waiting on some strings before I try it on my Martin. If I like it, I may get some additional braces so I can use in a number of my acoustics.
    Mark

Latest musical acquisitions:

A Behringer UM2 interface, so I can record song guides myself at home

And a diatonic Harmonica in the key of A for recording some riffs for my original songs, which unluckily came with a dead note. I'll service it later.

I got my feet wet with a Behringer Uphoria umc404hd. quite serviceable device at very reasonable price point for beginners.

Boss CS-3 Compressor.

Nice to have serious sustain sometimes when I'm playing dead clean.

Forum Member

I traded for an Eastwood tenor guitar, plan on tuning it in fifths like my mandolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I traded for an Eastwood tenor guitar, plan on tuning it in fifths like my mandolin.
    Now THATS a neat idea.
    Mark

Memorial Day Sale impulse buy...

This is gonna be fun.

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Memorial Day Sale impulse buy...

This is gonna be fun.
    I've seen the mini Friedman at a local shop and was tempted by it. Let us know how it sounds!

I just paid $8 for a frickin' 9 volt battery for my Tube Screamer! The greed is just insane out there!

Forum Member

That's just Monopoly money we use today, really only 35 cents in Silver certificates money!

Forum Member

Strings