Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

I bought a couple sets of NOS matched 12AX7 tubes for some studio gear I plan to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    Small purchase really, but helps me with my amp. Bought a footswitch for my Marshall so I can quit leaning over to switch channels on it. The button on the amp is small, and hard to reach. Besides, I always get a footswitch for my amps anyway eventually. I know its not much, but it helps an old man....
    I ordered a footswitch for my JCM 800 a few weeks ago. That amp's channels cannot be switched without a footswitch! I bought a used original Marshall Channel/Reverb footswitch intended for use with a modern imported amp and it works perfectly.

Not exactly a musical device, but still...

A couple of days ago I got myself a 55 liter backpack for my road trips.

I hit the road all the time to rehearse and gig with the band, having to load my car trunk with a bunch of stuff, including my valve amp, instrument cases, a sack with cables, tools, stands and all, plus my GF's bags when she's coming along.

My old hardshell rolling luggage case was too bulky. This backpack gives me plenty of space and even if I stuff it completely it'll fit anywhere in the car.

I bought a guitar cleaning cloth. I was getting tired of using an eyeglasses cleaning cloth.

I'd love to read what you posted Old Strummer but blue on black doesn't work for my tired old eyes.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

Quote Originally Posted by Frat Rettle View Post
    I'd love to read what you posted Old Strummer but blue on black doesn't work for my tired old eyes.
    That was kind of the idea, @Frat Rettle. I bought a guitar cleaning cloth.

I just knew it was conceptional art.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I hope to make up for the complete irrelevance of the last purchase by announcing another, more significant one, tomorrow.

nothing-- I sold 2 guitars last weekend -- Peavey Patriot Bass--- Oscar Schmidt Delta King (335 clone) and sold an AMP today (Kustom 150 Made in USA Circa 1970's) tuck n roll bass amp---oh and traded 2 other guitars for some SERIOUS weaponry that goes BOOM cachunka BOOM----in a 12 gauge format--

I have 2 more guitars on the auction blocks and an amp head --- once those are gone------ I might score a Squire 51 "P" bass........or not....
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

I really dug the looks of the Kustom stuff back in the day. Many of the local bands had their stuff. My memories of how they actually sounded is dimmed by time (and probably the drugs and alcohol might have a tiny part in that) and of course who was playing it. They're coming out of the garages, sheds, basements, attics and closets. Probably estate sales too.

Not so sure about the amps. I've played a couple examples in the last few years and haven't been impressed. Neither were in top shape so that might have something to do with it. I wouldn't mind checking out some speaker enclosures, I seem to recall they had some oddball configurations.

I’ve never been that keen on going wireless, but I’m going to try it.

I just ordered a Line 6 Relay G10S. It’s gotten great reviews.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

A local music store, Empire Guitars, is having their annual February sale. They'll be selling closeouts, leftovers, orphans, broken stuff, etc... cheap, so I'll probably be buying some things that I don't need (and am not even aware that I want) in the next few weeks.

Got me a new Tele for $17 [after trade in]
    Can't complain.
    Was gonna post about it separate, but it's no big deal and I'm likely to be the only one who really cares about it anyway.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Got me a new Tele for $17 [after trade in]
    Can't complain.
    Was gonna post about it separate, but it's no big deal and I'm likely to be the only one who really cares about it anyway.
    Congrats! Tell us about it on the thread you started. I want a Tele.

this.........should be here next week.

ashdown rootmaster 220watts ........should rattle the foundation a bit
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Let us know how you like that amp when you get it.

Will do-- its a "step up" from my 60 watt Hartke I have had for about 7 years-- nothing wrong with the Hartke this deal was just TOO good to pass up ;)
    T. Roosevelt

Wow, HPD!

Sparklie--- gorgeous -- WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T. Roosevelt

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
    WOW! That SO goes with my dinner jacket! Send it to me!

Thank you, guys! It's a Reverend Eastsider Pete Anderson sig. Some of the specs: Solid korina body- chambered under pick-guard/ 7.52 lbs/ medium-oval roasted maple neck/ roasted maple finger-board/ 10-14" compound radius/ 22 medium jumbo frets/ custom volume and tone- push-pull out-of-phase switch/ steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles/ pin-locking tuners/ hard case included/ last one available of only 16 made.

My first telecaster and although it was a very tough decision, I'm extremely happy with her.

Very nice! I've never held or played a Reverend, but I spoke with a player in a worship band who absolutely loves his. "Never goes out of tune," he admired, among other superlatives. The finish is typical of the Reverends I've seen. Congrats!

Thanks so much, OS. I've got a Reverend Airwave 12 string that I've had a couple years now and just like you referenced... the tuning is VERY stable... thankfully for a 12 lol. It feels very well constructed and finished and the tone is fantastic. They just feel like nothing was overlooked regarding design & materials. With all that, I was willing to gamble on this one. You also made this possible iirc. Don't you have a gorgeous blue tele? Someone on here does anyway and made me just fall in love with all the lighter blue and aqua t-shapes out there. Anyway... the gamble was worth it. We're going to be honey-moonin' it for quite a while, me thinks!

48 months 0% interest.

that's all I'm going to say for now

Some set up tools...

Bought a new Fender Mustang I v2 amp today. Sonicboom2 inspired me! The V2 unit has more amp models and effects than the older model I had some years ago. And the old FUSE program loaded in an old notebook computer mated up with the new amp and all the new stuff loaded I to my computer with no help from me.... As if I'd know what to do if it didn't!So now I'm wailing away with my Tele in the little Mustang I v2 amp and slugging down Blackheart dark spiced rum and coke. 93 proof Gonzo Sonic Bombast! Now I have 2 amps and 2 guitars. Guess it'll be handy if I get another guitar player here and wants to jam a bit huh? Otherwise, the Mustang amp is light. No pedals needed. And would be a snap to sling the Tele across the back, grab the little amp, and trot across the road and boogie.
    Though not a monumental purchase, it's big enough for me.
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 03-01-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Bought a new Fender Mustang I v2 amp today. Sonicboom2 inspired me! The V2 unit has more amp models and effects than the older model I had some years ago. And the old FUSE program loaded in an old notebook computer mated up with the new amp and all the new stuff loaded I to my computer with no help from me.... As if I'd know what to do if it didn't!So now I'm wailing away with my Tele in the little Mustang I v2 amp and slugging down Blackheart dark spiced rum and coke. 93 proof Gonzo Sonic Bombast! Now I have 2 amps and 2 guitars. Guess it'll be handy if I get another guitar player here and wants to jam a bit huh? Otherwise, the Mustang amp is light. No pedals needed. And would be a snap to sling the Tele across the back, grab the little amp, and trot across the road and boogie.
    Though not a monumental purchase, it's big enough for me.
    Great score!!!

rack ears and an XLR 16 point patch bay to facilitate the installation and use of a purchase I alluded to previously. I had bought ART's VLA Pro II dual channel compressor and MPA Pro II dual channel preamp. I have matched pairs of NOS tubes to replace the stock ones. The only downside is I will need to redo nearly all the work I did last month when I rewired the computer desk.
    Last edited by DanTheBluesMan; 03-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Great score!!!
    ˇGracias!

Oh, one of the new amp models is an Orange. Tasty. And one of the new stompboxes is called The Black Box... Yup, you guessed it, they added the RAT to it. And I must say those engineers at Fender seriously know what they're doing. The RAT just right! Duelly impressed.

A Ti Strat bridge and “Metal Foil” pup from GFS. I’ve had great results from Ti Tele saddles and am interested to try Ti saddles and trem block on a Strat. IME Ti sounds like aluminum, broad and clear tonal response. I’ve used GFS GoldFoils in the past, also with great results. Supposedly the MetalFoil is fatter sounding. We’ll see! I’m only into this guitar for the price of these parts. $70 shipped
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

Well I too have a project, turning an EPI G-400 back into a guitar. (I picked up the body only and case in trade for a couple of pedals I wasn't using).
    I bought Gibson tuners, bridge, and stop tail from STRATosphere, ($80). Had to get adapters from some place in Pennsylvania, to adapt to the EPI 10mm inserts, (around $20). Just got the CTS pots, knobs, and switch yesterday (about $35 from CE).
    I have drawn out the wiring, going to have coil splitting, maybe I can make the Epi also sound like a Tele? (I'm using some Carvin C22 humbuckers I had.)

I bought a bigger pedaltrain pedal board for my guitar. I'll use the one I have for my bass. In both cases, I want to be able to put my Line 6 wireless unit on the pedalboard. I use one for bass, and now I've ordered one for he guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I have drawn out the wiring, going to have coil splitting, maybe I can make the Epi also sound like a Tele? (I'm using some Carvin C22 humbuckers I had.)

I’ve had really good results with series/parallel on HB’s. Sometimes the split sound is anemic, sometimes not. What all are you gonna do? Taps on both, phase? I’m just curious

Candy Apple Red Fender Newporter Player acoustic. I need a knock around acoustic. This ought to do it. I like the sound of Fender acoustic guitars.

Got all the parts for my dumpster find “Trashocaster”, got it all in and wired. Just gotta finish the nut, string it and setup... This is gonna be a “beater” for the garage

Forum Member

Chuckocaster, I'll split both pickups. I found an article that claims by using the top coil neck, and the bottom coil bridge in parallel, it will get close to the "Tele" sound. (It also says doing the opposite will be more of a "Strat" sound.) I have no clue what I will get with one or the other paired with one split. (I'll save the series/parallel switching for another project)!
    On my Tele, with "Texas Special" single coils, I used a 4 way switch, and with the pickups in series, it sounds huge compared to the parallel!

I've replaced all my guitar stands and added one more. The humid-packs of my acoustic are drying out so I replaced those too.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ordered a compressor pedal and a couple packs of strings --FREE with my "backstage pass bucks" from musicians friend :)
    T. Roosevelt

Just installed a new Tele ALNICO 5 bridge pickup in my bullet TRex Tele. Wonderful pickup. No more icepicks jabbed into my ancient ears...