Thread: Hey. Do I Have To Start the Sunday Thread From the Other Side of the World?

Hey. Do I Have To Start the Sunday Thread From the Other Side of the World?

G'day from Alice Springs, NT Australia. My trip is winding down, but not before a trip to Ayers Rock (or Uluru, as it's known by the Aboriginals) and the Great Barrier Reef. The weather has been super! Two days of rain out of thirty isn't bad at all. And the rain we got was far less than was predicted!

Having played (but not purchased) the Maton guitar I was chasing, I feel like I accomplished everything I set out to see and do.

So, now it's my last Sunday on this side of the International Date Line. I return Saturday which will still be Saturday when my plane touches down. Until then, stay safe, my friends.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Hey. Do I Have To Start the Sunday Thread From the Other Side of the World?

sounds like you had a great trip! Slept late this morning - does't happen too often. I may end up spending the day working on the lawn - it seems too early for that! I'm hoping to get fishing too, but maybe next week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

After a hectic week at work, spent Sat working on music. While doing so, I got news that 1 of my best friends passed away in his sleep (Fri pm-Sat am). It was unfortunately expected, but still that doesn’t take the sting out of it. (Sort of like you know you owe a big bill, but when you eventually sign the check, it hurts). Waiting to hear when the service is to arrange travel to it.

Finished the day with more music and watching Thunder over Louisville. I live across the river from Louisville.

Today the PRS 509 got its stage debut. Performed and sounded great. Have another set in a few minutes. Then it’s home for some chores, maybe a nap. Have another gig later today and the 509 will get the nod again. After that, I start working on next weeks set list.

OS, enjoy your time. Sorry the TE Matron didn’t persuade you enough. I understand the shipping charges, but I would imagine Down Under is a lot like the UK and you can reclaim the VAT in the price. (Do it at the airport before you leave). I have found that often lessens the sting. Make sure to check it out.

Just did it for you. They call it GST there. It’s 10%, but it appears to claim it you have to take it with you rather than shipped. Double check. Might be some loop holes. Like here’s the receipt for it. It is in checked baggage.
    Mark

We’ve begun our annual rehearsals for our local charity presentation and today is the first dress rehearsal with tomorrow evening the second and then the first show this Thursday evening. Over a two week span we present the show six nights. A lot of fun but very time consuming.

Hope all have a great week!

one more day until my car goes in to get a new bumper and becomes legal again. I have started using the bus again to get to the grocery store. I actually hit +2 miles in a day last week for the first time since the hip break. I've been working with the weights and it's definitely helping. Once I max out the ankle weights, I'm going to start going to the gym. I walked to the near corner and back without a cane. Progress a step at a time.

got crazy last night, don't know if celebrating 420 had anything to do with it I have been using the same drum loop/bpm for a while now as I work on projects to whet my recording chops. It dawned on me, since I've been using key of A 12-bar 1-4-5 progression, that I could split, copy and paste individual measures into a new project. Like Victor Frankenstein, I took parts from 6 different projects going as far back as the beginning of the year and reanimated them into a new project that was in total longer than any of the individual projects. Because I was always playing in A and to the same drum track, it was surprisingly coherent. There's different guitars, some direct, some line out from amps, some live mic. I created a new 5:42 project without playing a lick of guitar.

Now I want to learn how to edit video and add audio to it. Who was it that used to post some really impressive videos back in the 'rona times, with 5 or more camera views with collaborators. Maybe they're still doing them IDK.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Spent a couple hours giving a spa treatment to my Guild F-30 Aragon. Cleaned her up, fretboard conditioner, polish, cleaned the contacts on the pickup preamp (darn batteries are so hard to replace I don't check them often enough) and a set of Elixer Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze strings. I usually put on 80/20s and will be interested in the difference. This was a real find. When Fender sold Guild they blew out their inventory. I ended up buying two in that deal, this one and another small bodied guitar - an F47RC - R=Rosaewood, C=Cutaway. The F-30 has an Adirondack Spruce top and Mahogany body. Ii is light and sweet.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Got my custom made Stol Guitars Les Paul style guitar back. Had a small fret issue. This guitar truly rips!
    It's larger than a Les Paul, thinner, and boasts a 25 1/2" scale length.
    I moved the bridge pickup 1/4" further from the bridge than normal creating a wonderful tone range between it and the neck pickup. I have often found it difficult to find one amp setting that works well with the bridge AND neck pickup. Besides, this one has P90s in it, and the bridge pickup has a thicker, biting sound that I find much more useful.
    The guitar plays right up there with the best of them and I can't wait for an opportunity to get it in a live mix through my Rivera Chubster 40. I'll try to get some photos up soon.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Have another gig later today and the 509 will get the nod again.
    As I thought about it more in the afternoon, the evening gig was really calling for a Strat. So I got busy putting straplocks on the new Hendrix Strat and ran through the setlist. Yep.

It performed and sounded great. 2 recent acquisitions got their stage debuts Sunday.
    Mark