Thread: Sunday, December 10, 2023, The Thread For

Sunday, December 10, 2023, The Thread For

Christmas Eve is a mere two weeks away, if you observe it. And even if you don't. Yikes! Where has the year gone by?

Today, after church, I'm going to my daughter's to watch my granddaughter dance in a Christmas pageant. We'll likely then gather for a meal and family time -- I'm really looking forward to it.

The rain is going to be heavy at times, and it couldn't come at a better time. We've really lacked rainfall and some predictions are calling for up to two inches! It will also keep me indoors, even if I weren't spending time with family. I've been walking 5-6 miles a day every day this week, and truthfully, my legs are tired. Sunday is a day of rest!

Have a good one, everybody!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Sunday, December 10, 2023, The Thread For

Someone got a burr under their saddle and started an anti-social Sunday thread that I replied on earlier.

We're out for a Corvette club breakfast run so it should be a fun day with friends.

Good Sunday morning! Work has been so busy that I just vegetate on the weekends. I'll be fixing some worklights today so the Mrs. can cultivate her basement garden with light! Friday I'm back in the studio with the vocalist I've been working with. Lots of tunes for her to sing on, but she is pregnant with twins and isn't sure how much longer they are going to let her sing.... I'm happy for her and her husband, but sad for me...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Someone got a burr under their saddle and started an anti-social Sunday thread that I replied on earlier.

We're out for a Corvette club breakfast run so it should be a fun day with friends.

Offshore caught a 3 gram perch instead of a 20lb bass. He didn't want to talk about it because he knows that the rest of us caught 100lb marlins. It's a sore point. Also, his significant other replaced all the pickups in his guitars with Epiphone pickups when they were really muddy. Then, he lost an argument over whether Bobby Sherman wasn't the greatest singer of the 60s. We all know that Tiny Tim was better than Bobby Sherman. OA sat down and cried when he lost that one.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I'm on the receiving end of a guitar wait. I bought it on the 4th and it's due on the 12th. I haven't had a delivery take that long in ages. The only part I don't care for are the lack of updates, like it went on a truck on the 5th and has been on the road since? Do UPS trucks stay at roadside hotels on cross country trips? 6 days to cross country? Must be taking the back roads so they wouldn't get weighed, LOL.

We're due to get torrential downpours this afternoon into overnight. Along with high winds, power outages may be widespread. Hopefully nothing severe like Tennessee. ch willie has checked in so we know he's still with us.

I can't believe it's 2 weeks to Christmas Eve and 3 to New Year's Eve. I don't even have my christmas lights up yet. Hopefully by the end of this week after I see the orthopedic doctor and get cleared of motion range protocol. I do almost all my walking around the house without a cane now

Got dog sitting duties tonight while my bro and his GF (dog's mom) go to the office christmas party. She's a sweet thing and so gentle. It's funny watching her trying to engage my cat in play. He's not scared of her, although I think he's mildly annoyed. He doesn't run and hide, nor have I seen him hiss or swipe at her.

I got to try to clean the house a bit before they arrive and I want to hit the store for food that doesn't need to be heated in the event we lose power. Me and probably 75 thousand of my closest friends.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Offshore caught a 3 gram perch instead of a 20lb bass.
    I heard it was a herring.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Minnow, pm. heeeeeee

We were fortunate to have received nothing really bad. There were deaths east of us a few hours. Some in our county lost power, some reported hail damage.

We are in the part of the state known as tornado valley because of the flat land. Years ago, 16 in our county died during a monstrous tornado. It wiped out whole neighborhoods. Many more were folks were severely injured. But the last few major tornados have hit Nashville and its surrounding area.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well works been keeping me quite busy. 4.5 hrs on Saturday. Today was church and wrapping all the presents. Everything has been acquired a couple weeks ago. Later it was working up some music for 3 of the 6 gigs I have this week. Going to have to cut out some gigs in the future or at least lessen the frequency. It’s not working with the new on-site job that basically needs me for a solid 50-60 hrs weekly right now.

Seeing if I can get something that was transitioned to me taken back till the new year. Reason being I need dev time. Have a plan to reduce something that takes 8 hrs to 15 min. I got to have the time to complete the dev, test and deploy.

no this isn’t SW programming, it’s processes. There were 0 SOPs when I started a little less than a month ago, they now have 5.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Minnow, pm. heeeeeee

We were fortunate to have received nothing really bad. There were deaths east of us a few hours. Some in our county lost power, some reported hail damage.

We are in the part of the state known as tornado valley because of the flat land. Years ago, 16 in our county died during a monstrous tornado. It wiped out whole neighborhoods. Many more were folks were severely injured. But the last few major tornados have hit Nashville and its surrounding area.
    My mother and sister live in Hendersonville. There was extensive damage all around them, but their neighborhood was spared. They even go their power back already. Prayers for all those affected - it sounds like it was a bad one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain