Thread: Melody Makers....

Melody Makers....

So I noticed on another forum that someone had a NGD and it was a "reissue" Gibson Melody Maker...The problem (IMO) is it has P90/P100 pickups from the factory....Melody Makers (the original) had single coil pickups ,so how can a "reissue" have non originally equipped parts and still be called a "reissue'...OK enough of my rant...

Re: Melody Makers....

Did Gibson call it a re-issue or did the owner? There are a lot of guitars and amps being called re-issue by the owners, the manufacturers or both. Names like Les Paul Junior and Melody Maker don't mean anything anymore.

Re: Melody Makers....

I found this on Gibson's site. Listed as N/A. Looks like it was a budget reissue, with single coils. There was another budget model in 2014 with P90s, and Gibson has it archived. Neither models seems available now.

Melody MakerGibson’s “Golden Era”—the late 1950s and early 1960s—is best known for the emergence of the company’s iconic Les Paul Standard. But the Les Paul wasn’t the company’s best-selling guitar during this historic period. That title belongs to the legendary Melody Maker. Today’s Melody Maker is a loving tribute to the style and spirit of the 1959 edition of that beloved guitar. It is also remains one of Gibson’s most popular models, as well as its most affordable USA-made guitar.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison