Thread: Played a sweet p-bass tonight

Played a sweet p-bass tonight

I happen to be west of town today so I stopped in at the Guitar Gallery in Amherst. After I had fun with a CVC 60 Tele into an '81 Hiwatt 504, I decided to check out the basses. A maple neck P caught my eye. Even though the nut was the wider than Jazz bass I prefer, the neck was so nicely shaped with real rounded off edges. It had some kind of customized pick guard, which I guess had copper shield then some kind of textured material like vinyl wall paper (paisley like imprint but monochrome) and it was held on without screws. Not sure how that was.

Plugged into a '70s Ampeg B15N portaflex and i was having a ball. Man, I've got to get a bass again

Re: Played a sweet p-bass tonight

Maybe they used double sided stick tape for the guard?

And I personally think that there's nothing better than a good P bass plugged into an Ampeg! I've used and heard other cool setups, but the P into an Ampeg is just SO damn CLASSIC!

Wished you had gotten a pic of it!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Played a sweet p-bass tonight

Love guitar, but began as a bassist and still love playing bass. The new P basses are attractive...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison