Thread: Some pretty cool SG playing

Some pretty cool SG playing

I was browsing some Sabbath stuff and found a live performance by Tony Iommi I'd never seen yet. This 7:32 solo with Heaven and Hell he played at Wacken festival, 2009, is simply awesome and full of feeling.

Many of you might just think "oh, another Iommi video, no thanks, seen 'em all" but trust me this is worth watching! I only wish it was Ozzy, nod Dio singing along.

P.S. Not a Gibson he's playing but he's mainly a Gibson SG player and that's an SG so...

Re: Some pretty cool SG playing

It's interesting how his playing evolved through the years but still he kept his style untouched... Here's a 1974 video for comparison.

Of course! Hadn't remembered that Black Sabbath stuff might work for your trio. I've seen that whole Wacken show. Even have it on an old computer. Great stuff. I like Dio's voice for Heaven and Hell. I guess he's an acquired taste. I got to see him with Rainbow in the late 70s. Great concert, though Blackmore came across as a twat. Still, his playing was excellent.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

anybody know how Tony Iommi is doing these days. IIRC he was in treatment for cancer towards the end of the last Sabbath tour ( which was far too expensive for me to go see ).

The last I heard was that he's in remission. Hope that holds true.

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-ne...th-scare/30481
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison