Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I joined the club

Forum Member

Re: I joined the club

Sorry I'm struggling some learning how to use photobucket! Here it is. I like but not too happy about the quality of the p/u switch used. The guitar is still "new" with very little time on it!

About your pickup switch complaint:

it is not an unusual issue on Gibsons. Sometimes all you need to do is give it a cleaning. A tech will do it in no time for you.

I think sometimes the open frame Switchcraft switch gets a little saw dust or rubbing compound in it. They're easy to clean and not a big deal to replace if required.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    <THREAD HIJACK ALERT>

Hey Sérgio, when is the best time to visit Brazil? I'm looking to burn some vacation time and have never been to South America. IIRC, the southern hemisphere should be in Autumn right about now, with Winter only a few weeks away, correct? If I wanted to visit in October or thereabouts, would that be a good time?

</END THREAD HIJACK ALERT>

Oh, man! I can't apologize enough, I really didn't see your post!

Indeed, we're entering winter right now, but you see, Brazil is a big country, just a tad smaller than the US, and the states vary a lot in terms of people, culture and weather. If you go waaaay down south, to Porto Alegre, for instance, you'll see lots of German and Italian heritage. Whole cities that speak German as a second language (especially the older folks). It's pretty cold there, except on summer.

If you go far west, you'll see rainforest indians all around, and their culture is fascinating, quite different from the Native American you have there. Hot and humid weather all year.

In the north, where I live, we have what I'd say is the purest Portuguese heritage, though we have a distinctive own culture. Even the accent is so. Hot and sunny. Lovely beaches. And I'll be glad to meet you for a beer and do everything I can to make you feel like you're home.

Anyway, just like you consider yourselves Americans from Alaska to Florida, we too have a "Brazilianness" all around, and you'll feel like you're in Brazil anywhere you go.

If you're planning to do the standard thing and visit Rio de Janeiro, I don't think the season will be an issue, the damned city is wonderfully beautiful all year 'round. You won't regret it, it's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen with my own eyes, and I've travelled a lot.

October is a good month for visiting the northern/northeastern states, if you expect to actually see some tropical sunny landscapes, I'd say.

Feel free to ask whatever you want!
    Last edited by S. Cane; 05-30-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Feel free to ask whatever you want!
    Thanks, Sérgio! I'm in the early investigating days, so nothing concrete, yet.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread, already in progress...