Thread: Tremolo switch

Forum Member

Tremolo switch

Hi guys, I have a 1965 Bandmaster piggy-back that is missing the foot switch for the tremolo effect. I've tried Fender foot switches and jack adapters but apparently this amp has a proprietary plug. Does anyone know anything about this and if so, where I could find one?
    Thanks!
    Jake

Re: Tremolo switch

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Nope, tried that. Two different people in music stores have told me they had heard of the same problem: that for a few years in the mid '60's, Fender used an in-between sized plug but that was all they knew. Hoping that someone here would know the answer. Thanks anyway!

Do you have a pic?
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

I'll get one this weekend, thanks!

I'm confused.

Nothing new, but still.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by jburrus View Post
    Nope, tried that. Two different people in music stores have told me they had heard of the same problem: that for a few years in the mid '60's, Fender used an in-between sized plug but that was all they knew. Hoping that someone here would know the answer. Thanks anyway!
    This board has always been about Fender products, and has long had a decided bent toward amplifiers.... and I have NEVER heard of Fender using a non-standard jack for anything. Ever. And certainly not for "several years" in the 60s. I gotta say, it seems that if this were true, it would be as widely known as "early MIJ guitars were so awesome the US guys almost cried" and "Jazzmaster bridges are horrible."

I am prepared to be amazed, but not expecting it.

Could be an amphenol plug of the type Fender (and others) used on steel guitars around that time??

Forum Member

I guess there's always the possibility that the amp has been altered.
    I want to see a pic!

HAD to have been messed with and altered! Several friends and I have owned several Mid 60's Fender amps with Trem and or Verb. They were all RCA plugs, even the "transition" models.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

My 69 Bandmaster Reverb used RCAs as well. If you can grab a pic of the connection, I am certain someone can get you going.
    Mark

Forum Member

My '67 Bandmaster tremolo input was the standard RCA plug. A 10 minute modification and it was changed to a more "standard" 1/4" phono plug, so that virtually any footswitch would work.
    If I ever sell it (not likely) and someone wants it original, it's quite easy to put the phono plug back in.