Thread: NGD Gibson #2

NGD Gibson #2

Due to overwhelming community feedback, I've acquired my first (of two) Gibson SGs. They are both 2013 Future Tribute models, with the Steinberger gearless tuners (which I like, btw) and a pair of zebra-coil '57 Classic humbuckers.

Some people don't like the looks due to the "keyless" Steinberger tuners. For me, they are a breeze to use, making re-stringing a snap, and solve an ages-old (for me) problem of knocking a string or two out of tune by accidentally bumping the tuning key when putting away my guitar.

Let me introduce to you, "Dark Star:"

That's NGD #1 behind it.

Re: NGD Gibson #2

Congrats! I wasn't knocking your choice with my comment in the other thread.

How's it sound?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Old Strummer's got some NEW Strummers to try out!

Enjoy that bad boy!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Very sleek!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    Congrats! I wasn't knocking your choice with my comment in the other thread.

How's it sound?
    Thanks, Chuck (& everyone else). I really haven't had a chance to give it a workout. I let it sit in its gig bag (nice, but no HSC) for a number of hours to get acclimated to its new home, and then plugged it in, gave my new Polytune Mini 2 pedal a try (nifty - works like Gibson's G-Force, without the actual key turning) and without changing any amp settings, went about exploring. It still needs acclimating, as I had to return to the tuning frequently, and then I had to put it away to head to an event planning meeting I volunteered for at my church. By the time I got back, I had to make ready for today. One of the aspects of my day job is that I am an instructor for the company's products, and I have to get up before daybreak to make the trip to the training facility.

I promise, I'll be giving it a decent workout this evening, when I have more time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Damn... Yer on a roll...
    Yeah, after NGD #3 shows up, I plan on putting my wallet in a safe and forgetting the combination!

That tuner-less SG looks cool in black.