Thread: Seymour Duncan Little 59s

Seymour Duncan Little 59s

Anybody have any experience with these? I'm toying with the idea of putting them in my blizzard pearl Strat, looking for a thick sound, not heavy and muddy as has been my experience with the Burstbuckers I've had in it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Seymour Duncan Little 59s

I've had one for about eight years in the Strat in my avatar. I really like it--a good match against the stock neck and middle. My main, gigging Strat is about three years old and has a Dimarzio Tone-Zone in the bridge that I actually like better--a little bit more note definition in addition to the oomph.

I'm wrong to always assume that DiMarzios are just about hot hot hot. I need to youtube them. Thanks, PC.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

DiMarzio's are sorely overlooked! I'm a big fan of their noiseless pups, they really do sound great!!! Heck, my newest J bass has their "Area J" pups in it. Sounds good, REAL good! Check out their website as they have great info on their pups. They even list the output in milivolts not just give you a tone graph.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

I love my Lil 59 in the bridge of my strat plus. I think it's sounds better than the regular 59

I have a Strat set up with Lil59 neck and middle and JBjr bridge. All of the pickups seem muddy to me. How far from the strings do you guys set them?
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Forum Member

I have 2 Lil' 59's in my stick. I like them.

I'd like to pick up (no pun intended) a second Strat to experiment with these things!

Make sure you match the correct pots with them. 250K can lead to muddy sounds from some pickups. You might have to go to 500's. Check the pickup's wiring diagrams and see what they recommend.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim