Thread: New Tele in the family

TFF Stage Crew

New Tele in the family

Brand new "American Elite" Tele in "autumn blaze metallic." I wish any of my pics did the finish justice, but it's basically this deep orange with a bass-boat sparkle under the top clear-coat. I know my pics make it look much more red than it is, but it's pretty well represented near the bottom of the first pic.

It has the "belly cut" for Strat fans, their latest gen noiseless pickups with the S1 switch to flip the phase in the middle position, locking tuners, and a compound radius neck, which is really outstanding. Feels and sounds wonderful through the '68 Custom DR.

Re: New Tele in the family

Looks nice! I like reading about people buying NEW guitars. With all the drooling and fussing over vintage gear, it's nice to be reminded that there are some very nice guitars being made today, and that people really like them!

That's sharper than a hound's tooth!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

SAWEEEEEEET!

While I love my traditional slab, the tummy cut actually looks great with that color/neck combination.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Thanks everyone! I've had one American Deluxe (i.e., belly cut) Tele about eight or so years ago that was white with a brownish-red binding. Loved the way it felt, wasn't crazy about the noiseless pickups. I changed the pickups twice--once to a Duncan stack set, and then to custom shop Texas Tele pickups, and no matter what, the guitar was just dead sounding. Muffled; no "resonance" for lack of a better term.

I love the belly cut, and the fit & finish on the Am. Dlx. (now Am. Elite) series is just ridiculously nice, but I've been really hesitant to try another because of that prior experience. Thankfully, no such problem here, and, this current generation of the VN pickups really nails the essence of the Tele neck pickup feel. Also, for no reason I can really pinpoint, the middle position is the funkiest, clean rhythm sound I've ever had on a Tele for James Brown-style guitar comping. Which, if you know me, you know is my thang.

Very happy.

TFF Stage Crew

Very nice! I could dig a belly cut.

That's very modern yet doesn't stray too far from the original concept. Very nice!

Oh I love Tele's and that one sir is badass!

Vurry, vurry nice! I'm shopping for a Tele myself lately, but I won't end up with one this pretty (more like an MIM Ash Special or whatever they call that thing).

Killer modern tele!

Loved the color.

TFF Stage Crew

Thanks guys. Hopefully soon I'll do the decent and proper thing, and post a clip or two of how it sounds.