Thread: Photo of "The Tele" (imaginative name?)

Photo of "The Tele" (imaginative name?)

2011 AmStd with Nocasters. I know the pickguard is busy and a bit kitsch, but I've grown to like it. I am going to return it to it's original pickguard as soon as I get a moment.

Gotta use a tripod for the next pics. Sorry for the blurriness.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Photo of "The Tele" (imaginative name?)

I think it looks great! But, I put a Tort guard on my red J bass... Take that for what it's worth. LOL
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

As long as it's not browneye...lol

Ha ha ha Melody. I guess this one I take too seriously. I ought to call it Chunky. Through the Marshall, it's got a good air-pushing chunk to it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    I think it looks great! But, I put a Tort guard on my red J bass... Take that for what it's worth. LOL
    I like tort and black pickguards on red guitars. The most beautiiful Tele I ever saw was Transparent Crimson with a black pickguard and a rosewood fretboard. I've wanted one in lefty, but I'll probably have to do a warmoth build.

The combination of tortoise shell pickguard, gold hardware and white ash were the primary reason I shelled out the $$$ to acquire a Magnificent Seven Tele:

Oooh OS that is so excellent looking! Dang, now I have another color combo I want...

Forum Member

Pickguard looks cool to me

Forum Member

All of these are very nice. And I used to hate the Tele look. I guess with age I'm becoming an old softy...

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    All of these are very nice. And I used to hate the Tele look. I guess with age I'm becoming an old softy...
    Yeah, I grew up in Nashville, thinking the Tele was a hick guitar. Hated the looks. Then a small bit of the stupid seeped out of my brain...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Yeah, I grew up in Nashville, thinking the Tele was a hick guitar. Hated the looks. Then a small bit of the stupid seeped out of my brain...
    Very much the same. I thought them very "one dimensional country naar-naar music machines" at the time. I am still an idiot, but not the worser idiot I used to be...

I've reinstalled the white pickguard, and it tones it down quite a bit. The tort was fun and loud, but there's a quiet dignity to the sunburst guitar / white-ish pickguard combination.

BTW, I toyed with selling my Blizzard Pearl Strat, but at the end of the day, I just couldn't do it. So I've decided to keep it, and I may remove the silver / chrome appointments and get a white pickguard for it. Have to think about that one.

In the meantime...

15230573_10211205018658964_3709923045925070183_n by William Northcutt, on Flickr

Forum Member

It was because of Keith Richards that I purchased telecasters . First in 1993 I ordered the Fender USA 52 reissue Telecaster then in 2016 I purchased a Fender Custom Shop one off Rosewood Telecaster Masterbuilt for me .

A few years ago I went to a local music store to buy a digital recorder for my birthday and this AM Std tele was hanging on the wall mocking me. It looked so beautiful hanging there calling "Take me home"... I love natural wood finishes on guitars.

I did...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I love Teles. If I hadn’t come across the Rickenbacker, I’d have got myself one. Next acquisition, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I love Teles. If I hadn’t come across the Rickenbacker, I’d have got myself one. Next acquisition, maybe.
    My next will be a Ric.

I was a Strat guy, but the Tele is my main guitar now. If you found the right model, Sergio, you’d get what it’s about.