Thread: P Bass Mods ?

P Bass Mods ?

Well, after 48 years away from playing music other than on the Radio, I have the bug/desire to play again. It was when Glen Frey died and I started listening/watching good music again! Thought I was too damn old to drum anymore so I will try bass, my best friend played bass. Went dashing out and bought this;http://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-...n+Bass&start=1

The neck is a little thick for my short fingers. Checked out Jazz bass and that will work. Bought the Squire at Guitar Center for $299 2 months ago, it is exactly the condition as it came out of the box. GC offered $85 to trade for a Jazz version!!
    So, since I seem to be stuck with it will it be worth it to buy a Jazz neck for it......or (Crazy Idea Alert) put a tele bass neck on it ???

Any opinions welcome

LoneRider
    My My My

Re: P Bass Mods ?

Welcome aboard!!

Well, I don't have much experience with basses, but if I were you, I'd trade the P-bass for one that pleases you entirely.

If you don't like the neck, swapping might fix the problem OR give you more trouble.

I'd say go for a jazz. Unless, of course, you really like what the P sounds like with a different neck on it...

As for getting back to playing, well I'm glad to hear that! Being a musician is something we don't just ditch, it's in us. Never leaves entirely.

congratulations, and welcome to the forum. ˇNuestra casa es su casa!

It's somehow satisfying to learn that my layoff from playing isn't the longest on this board! Welcome back!

I borrowed a bass from a friend when I was in high school. I swear the speaker cabinet alone filled up a large portion of my bedroom!

Learned that it wasn't the instrument for me. But a good bass player can make any band better.

J neck, Seymour Duncan or the like "Vintage" pup, new output jack. Oh, drill the neck screw mounting holes out JUST enough to barely push the neck screws through. That's about it. Honestly, I'd just go through it to check all the mechanical and electrical connections before changing anything. You should pretty much be GTG. My main P bass is a Squire body, Warmoth neck, and upgraded pup... SERIOUSLY!

Congrats buddy!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"