Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of 65 Fender Twin RI, 65 & 68 Deluxe Reverb RI, & 65 & 68 Princeton RI

Re: Review of 65 Fender Twin RI, 65 & 68 Deluxe Reverb RI, & 65 & 68 Princeton RI

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: Review of 65 Fender Twin RI, 65 & 68 Deluxe Reverb RI, & 65 & 68 Princeton RI

Just wanted to say the more I use the Fender Twin 65 RI, the more I love it. If it is playing clean channel with my Fender Strat or Les Paul, to playing a Seymour Duncan 805 over drive pedal, with their Vapor Trails delay, the sound I am getting is so satisfying. I usually have the volume on 2 to 2 1/2. Love having two 12's speakers for that fuller sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Mr. Sound,

I'm interested in knowing what your type of music is and experience.

For me, a DRRI can - and has - been used for anything from small clubs to outdoor venues with thousands of people. I can't think of a modern situation where I would want any more than a DRRI can deliver for stage volume. Give me a DRRI and a Classic 30 A/B'd and/or in stereo and I'm ready for anything.

Conversely, I haven't found very many uses for a Twin. IMHO, it's a dinosaur relic ( albeit a GREAT sounding one!) from a day when we didn't have the sound systems we do today. And that's coming from a guy who had a surf band at one time. (I sure miss Mikey!)

While I promise to be open-minded, I don't see any value in an amp once it starts to drown out the drums. Many huge concerts are played with small amps, look at Paisley - he uses a TrainWreck.

Also, if you can use a DRRI for home use - your wife is more tolerant than mine. They're loud little suckers. I rarely gig with mine past 3, and some people here who have seen and heard me will attest that at 3 it's killing them in a live setting.

I think Princeton's are lovely little amps but can be a little hard to mix into the stage. Fun for rehearsals or recording though.

My favorite Fender for recording is far and away the Champ. THAT's the sound of my 70's guitar heroes.

It's all good, as long as you dig what you dig we got your back!
    Marty Stuart, and his guitar partner Kenny Vaughan both use Fender Princeton's live.