Thread: 1951 Fender Nocaster body and neck dates

1951 Fender Nocaster body and neck dates

Hi all,

Was wondering if I could ask this forum their advise on a Nocaster I have been offered.

Some immediate issues:

1. Some of the screws have been replaced for philips head screws (owner has the originals)
    2. The dark and blend circuits have been removed, the back pot operates as a tone control.

What I wanted to ask about was the neck and body dates. The neck date is pretty unreadable, i can just about make out an outline of where a date would have been, I can see a "5" plus some initials either side of the truss rod screw, my worry here is I have never seen one of these fade before...., the body date in the neck pocket is equally unreadable though is more visible.

What does everyone think?

Last edited by Tim's Guitars; 07-02-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Re: 1951 Fender Nocaster body and neck dates

P.s. Damn you autocorrect with the title of the thread! Sorry! Nocaster rather than "Nowcaster"!!!!

TFF Stage Crew

I fixed it-
    As to the guitar, it looks straight from where I'm sitting, except for the slotted truss adjustment screw. I'd try posting these pix over at the Les Paul Forum in the Fender Section. It's our sister forum, & there are more vintage guys over there. This forum is mostly players & builders. We have some who are knowledgeable of such things, but you might wait a long time for an answer!

Thanks! Have just posted on the LPF

Tim