Thread: Authentic (straighter) 60s tremolo arm

Authentic (straighter) 60s tremolo arm

A friend of mine has an original '63 Strat, and the tremolo arm is much straighter (has a shallower break angle) to my '63 CS Relic.
    I also have a '78 Strat which also has a much straighter arm.
    I noticed in this month's issue of Guitarist Magazine, where Neville Marten compares an original '63 with a CS Relic and an American Vintage '62 re-issue, the Relic seems to be the only one with a non-authentic break angle.

Does anyone know where I can buy a straighter one with an aged tip that will fit the screw thread on my CS Relic?

Forum Member

Re: Authentic (straighter) 60s tremolo arm

Just stick yours in a vice (wrap something round it first to avoid marking it and take the tip off) and bend it to how you want it.
    I always bend my arms to my preferred shape when I get a new one.
    It's easy to do, you can always buy a spare arm to use and swap the tip over

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Authentic (straighter) 60s tremolo arm

Yup, what he said. I used to own a '61 Strat, & I noticed right off the incorrect shape of the RI trem arms, & I'm sorry to tell you I've never, ever seen a "correct" repro from Fender or elsewhere in 25 yrs. I just bent one to match the '61 arm. Since you don't have an original in hand you'll have to eyeball it, probably. Unless your buddy will let you borrow his. That would be the best thing to do, actually. Buy him lunch one day