I have been researching noise gates and the hum Debugger which is not a gate and find the reviews are all over the board. I think there may be more disagreements as to which gates do the job of removing 50-60 cycle hum and hiss than there are those that agree on which gates work well without coloring or squashing tone or chopping off the sustain. It seems that most of the gate reviews are for high gain music or metal. How do people that play other genres remove hum and hiss from their signal path? Maybe they quiet the system through another means or just live with the extra noise? I am currently playing blues and country and sometimes use a tube screamer at lower volume levels which does produce some hum and a compressor which is transparent at medium to lower compression levels. When the volume is turned up then humming and hissing becomes very audible. i would like to find a way to silence the extra noise between notes. I have been using and getting familiar with a Boss NS2 pedal. The store will allow me to return it if i don't like it. At lower volume levels it removes hum and doesn't noticably color tone, but At higher volume levels weird things happen that i will have difficulty explaining. Its as if the pedal becomes possessed. It begins to effect tone randomly and needs to be readjusted for the higher volume settings. If i turn it off no more crazy sounds. I also noticed that the sustain is much shorter for the high E string than it is for the low E string by a noticeable amount of time. Also as the noise gate is deciding when to close the tone begins to warble until the gate closes sometimes allowing some hum back in until it closes. Maybe this is a defective pedal? I am also interested in the ISP Decimater 1,2,G String and the TC Electronics Sentry. I am curious to know what your experience is with eliminating hum and hiss and if you have experience with the above mentioned gate pedals.