Thread: Any Coco Montoya Fans???

Any Coco Montoya Fans???

Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: Any Coco Montoya Fans???

NICE - A lot of chatter on this.....

Really looking forward to doing this show Coco has been one of those who I admire for a while now.

I have been using a Behringer XR18 mixer system for a few weeks now, and this is my first show with it. I have run Jams, and one of my gigs with it, but not any of the national acts. Its pretty nice, in that you can save setups, and also has so many quality features. I sun it with a laptop and also a very inexpensive android tablet for redundancy, and also to ring out monitors, and walk the room.

I have been using my Carvin Subs which are easily adequate for the room, and QSC K12s on top. I will add to K12s this show, to widen the dispersion in the room but not really so much the volume. I have four of the Mackie Thump12 1000s now for monitors, and find that they are actually VERY nice in this application. A good quality sound without breaking the bank.

If you are ever in a position that you are considering PA upgrade to digital, I highly recommend at least looking into the XR18. I believe that MF is actually blowing out the X18 around $499 now for the console and the XR18 may follow suit. No snake, no huge rack case, but you will need more XLR and extension cables. I found a nice solution in a couple of 25' extension chords with outlets every 8'. Makes it nice across the front for monitors and even pedal boards. Just plug in a 3 way or similar and it really makes that front stake MUCH cleaner than power strips and multiple extension cords.
    Kenny Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    NICE - A lot of chatter on this.....

Really looking forward to doing this show Coco has been one of those who I admire for a while now.

I have been using a Behringer XR18 mixer system for a few weeks now, and this is my first show with it. I have run Jams, and one of my gigs with it, but not any of the national acts. Its pretty nice, in that you can save setups, and also has so many quality features. I sun it with a laptop and also a very inexpensive android tablet for redundancy, and also to ring out monitors, and walk the room.

I have been using my Carvin Subs which are easily adequate for the room, and QSC K12s on top. I will add to K12s this show, to widen the dispersion in the room but not really so much the volume. I have four of the Mackie Thump12 1000s now for monitors, and find that they are actually VERY nice in this application. A good quality sound without breaking the bank.

If you are ever in a position that you are considering PA upgrade to digital, I highly recommend at least looking into the XR18. I believe that MF is actually blowing out the X18 around $499 now for the console and the XR18 may follow suit. No snake, no huge rack case, but you will need more XLR and extension cables. I found a nice solution in a couple of 25' extension chords with outlets every 8'. Makes it nice across the front for monitors and even pedal boards. Just plug in a 3 way or similar and it really makes that front stake MUCH cleaner than power strips and multiple extension cords.
    I was MC at a Montoya show. It was a great honor.

Paul - when was that? I am that guy also, sound and stage mgr....

I always run out of cool things to say.
    On a positive note - I always get to meet the band and get up close and personal with the eqpt.

Last edited by FrankJohnson; 03-08-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    Kenny Belmont

All I can say is WOW!!! I would post videos or pics, but no interest in this thread. Oh well - you can facebook me if interested - one of the most professional band I have ever worked with - I Learned A LOT!

Last edited by FrankJohnson; 03-11-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    Kenny Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    All I can say is WOW!!! I would post videos or pics, but no interest in this thread. Oh well - you can facebook me if interested - one of the most professional band I have ever worked with - I Learned A LOT!

https://www.facebook.com/sruitto/vid...1534165353263/

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.russ...6839978891647/

Not sure if this will show -
    Kenny Belmont