Thread: cRAP -O-sTRAT gets new duds

cRAP -O-sTRAT gets new duds

So You all may or may not know of my love/hate affair with this Squire strat I have......it was FREE........and well It is a bit abused.....but....a short time ago I took the actual time to set it up well....and damn if thing is quite sweet.

She now has new David Gilmore Strings and new pu from GFS (closeout deal overwounds that sound AWESOME for under 20.00!!!)
    http://www.guitarfetish.com/Overwoun...OUT_p_577.html

A recent pic of her new "livery" .....yes she is a dirty dirty whore this one.....dinged banged....tattooed and screwed .....but seems no matter WHAT I do it....abuse I throw at it.....it just gets BETTER!

I give you Crap-o- Strat !!!!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Re: cRAP -O-sTRAT gets new duds

I like it. May it outplay and out-tone every non-crap-o-Strat Strat.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I think GFS has really stepped up their game with their pickups. I've tried several different things from them and have been really impressed. IDK if you've looked at them, but their "Slick" brand pups are pretty killer. I didn't always feel this way about their products.

Also, try one of their steel trem blocks! I've put them in several MIM Strats and they really add some nice tone! It's nothing drastic, but will take a "good" guitar to a "better" guitar.
    Last edited by chuckocaster; 12-23-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Sometimes the most f***ed up and abused prostitutes become true and loving wives.

I can appreciate that not ALL Strats need the big spaghetti F on the headstock to play and sound good.
    Earlier today I sold the last two Strat-like guitars I had and an amp. I can't tell you the number of times a guitar player would come up during a break in my gigging days to complement on how good my Strat sounds only to see I had a Squire Strat. Then I'd hear "Sounds pretty good for a Squire." While he quickly tilts his head to look DOWN his nose at me.
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 12-23-2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Typo and messed uo appearence
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Thanks guys.......yes.. this little dirty tramp sure makes pretty music.

HEy Demelo retired Strippers make good wives as well.......just saying. :)
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

What about school teachers that talk really dirty to ya? Does that count?
    I know, you'd probably wanna get spanked by a ruler.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Squiers are wonderfully inconsistent.

They are built in batches by the lowest bidder... some of the ones built by Cortek are marvelous instruments, others by some no-name in a low-cost region can be virtually unplayable.

I had a Squier Strat once back in the 90's that seriously was one of the nicest Strats I've ever owned. Yes, the electronics were replaced, but the feel, fit an finish and playability was super. I gave to to my brother.

That said, most of the modern ones I see are jay yoo en kay. Mystery wood necks, laminated bodies, pot metal furniture and cheeze electronics.

Still, it pays to keep an open mind and an open eye. You might just find a diamond in with the coal. Sounds like you did!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I'm keeping fingers crossed that my girlfriend's son is getting a relatively good one--I'll find out later today because I'm going to set it up before he opens it on Xmas morning. Kid is in love with my AmStd., and I hope his Squier excites him and plays well for him.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison