Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

  1. #1
    Forum Member John Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Hi guys! A new review is on the house! The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde guitar review! What do you think about this non Fender/Squier Tele?Any of you played it? I find it to be pretty nice for its price range. And that finish is just awesome! Share your thoughts about this model! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Member John Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Nobody to try this model yet? It's a really nice alternative for the classics fender/squier tele's. Cheers!

  3. #3
    Forum Member ch willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,379

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Looks like an interesting guitar--and swamp ash too!

    I wish Schecter's models were not so metal-oriented. At least the models they offer us lefties seem to be mostly designed for metal. Now if they put out a good 335-type or Les Paul-type, I might go for one.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

  4. #4
    Forum Member FrankJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bad JuJu Blues - Its Good for your Soul!
    Posts
    3,864

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    I dont' think I have seen that exact model, but a couple of years ago, I had a chance to play new/old (had been on the shelf a long while) tele and P Bass types that were as nice or dare I say it......NICER than most very nice teles and P basses I had played by fender.

    not pointy at all - very old school and sounded/felt that way in spades!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

  5. #5
    Forum Member ch willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,379

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    One of the best Precision basses I ever played was an early 80s Ibanez copy.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

  6. #6
    Forum Member John Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Looks like an interesting guitar--and swamp ash too!

    I wish Schecter's models were not so metal-oriented. At least the models they offer us lefties seem to be mostly designed for metal. Now if they put out a good 335-type or Les Paul-type, I might go for one.
    You're right, almost 80% of the Schecter models are more or less metal oriented. But you can find some other models that are well suited for blues,jazz,funk at a good price. They have some LP like models as Blackjack ATX Looks nice, and i bet those SD pup's sound nice.

  7. #7
    Forum Member John Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    I dont' think I have seen that exact model, but a couple of years ago, I had a chance to play new/old (had been on the shelf a long while) tele and P Bass types that were as nice or dare I say it......NICER than most very nice teles and P basses I had played by fender.

    not pointy at all - very old school and sounded/felt that way in spades!
    Yes, I was impressed too on how good this model sounds. I was a bit skeptic with non fender teles, but now I'm a bit more open minded

  8. #8
    Forum Member John Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Re: The new Schecter PT Standard – Butterscotch Blonde

    Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    One of the best Precision basses I ever played was an early 80s Ibanez copy.
    I'm in love with Ibanez guitars, but never tried out a bass. Always wanted to, but didn't had the chance. It's always Warwick, Fender, Peavey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •