Thread: Vibrolux - Need Tube Chart, Speakers, and Rubber Stamp on chassis help with a 1971

Forum Member

Vibrolux - Need Tube Chart, Speakers, and Rubber Stamp on chassis help with a 1971

This my first post. I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

I purchased a 1971 Vibrolux today and I need some help. I am confident it's a 71 based on the chassis serial number and the date codes on the transformers and power supplies, which appear to be all original and suggest it was made around May or June of 1971.

Tube Chart; the Tube Chart does have the model of the amp on the second line but the type wiring schematic that's usually printed on the chart is missing. Also, it doesn't have any date codes rubber stamped on the chart. Since the date codes are missing how can I identify the actual month it was made and the actual wiring scheme that was used.

Rubber Stamp; in the top right corner above the serial number their is a number (18009) that is Rubber Stamped (in black ink). Can you tell what this number represents.

Speakers; the speakers have a Blue Fender Special Design decal on the round magnate but on the rim there is a paper label instead the usual "white-paint" that identifies the make, model and date. The paper label has two lines. The top line has 0 23036, the bottom line has 1 0L5-3 465126. Can you tell me the make, model and when these speakers were made.

Thanks. Tom

Re: Vibrolux - Need Tube Chart, Speakers, and Rubber Stamp on chassis help with a 197

Those are Oxford speakers from the 26th week of 1971. That's all I know.

Forum Member

Re: Vibrolux - Need Tube Chart, Speakers, and Rubber Stamp on chassis help with a 197

I'm pretty sure date codes were a thing of the past by 71. The silver face series are generally dated by features such as drip edge,the dissapearnce of the word amp on the faceplate, nonmaster volume or master volume,pine or MDF cabinets or transformer or speaker dates dates.