Thread: Ringo asked...

Ringo asked...

Ringo Starr asked the radio stations worldwide to play Strawberry Fields Forever at least once today (40 years of his death).

Well, I came to have lunch with the old folks and we didn't know what time the local stations would play the song, but dad pondered, we couldn't deny Ringo and Lennon that request, now could we?

So we listened to Strawberry Fields, all together, on vinyl.

Ma took the picture. It was a good lunchtime here.

Re: Ringo asked...

That's so great.

And your Dad looks more like a rock star than any of us on this forum. I wish I could meet him and talk. Seriously that would be so interesting for me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Great idea, and good for you, Sérgio! You both look a little dour in the photo. Was that bereavement?

I don't listen to music radio these days, so instead, acceding to Ringo's wishes, I'm going to pull out one of my (many) Beatles songbooks and play Strawberry Fields Forever!

Edited to add: This is the kind of music score I used fifty years ago to learn how to play. Notice the absence of tabs...

Last edited by OldStrummer; 12-08-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Great idea, and good for you, Sérgio! You both look a little dour in the photo. Was that bereavement?

Nope, everything was all right! I guess we were just meditating to the music.