Thread: 1966 Fender Mustang!

Forum Member

1966 Fender Mustang!

I've recently stumbled upon the opportunity to purchase/trade some of my stuff for a 1966 Fender Mustang.

This Mustang is in a state of disrepair- there's some serious wiring issues, (the pickups only work about half the time- they stop working for a while when you switch from one to the other) the nut is loose, the high e string slips out of the bridge whenever you bend it, etc.

A big issue is that this guitar no longer has the original Fender paint job. Somebody in the late 60's sanded off the original paint from Fender and replaced it with a metallic dark green.

Does anybody out there have an idea of what this guitar is worth?

Thank you!

Re: 1966 Fender Mustang!

Just because of the paint job I would guess that you could look for a non-repainted 66 Mustang and cut the price in half. The other issues are simple to resolve...but not the paint. Bummer!

Re: 1966 Fender Mustang!

See what beater Mustangs are going for, then make THEM set the price. Be willing to walk away, even if you want it don't let them know that. None of what you mentioned seems like too big a deal to fix DYI. That's IF you're "handy" and are willing to do the work.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"