Thread: Response To Recent Events

Administrator
    Webmaster

Response To Recent Events

I apologize for the delay in responding to the recent events in the Relic thread. I was on vacation and out of town.

First thing first... Let me remind you all that this forum still exists due to an agreement between myself and the owners of the site. I initiated the discussion with Mike, which ultimately led to the decision to keep the site up and running, because I believed that the site was worth saving. This site costs Mike and the other owners a LOT of money and generates exactly ZERO dollars. My position here is entirely voluntary, a labor of love, and from the kindness of my heart. It's a LOT of work for both Mike and myself.

The Moderators here are also entirely voluntary. They perform a necessary function that is both demanding and thankless. This function is accomplished according to a strict set of guidelines. Cogs and pc do an excellent job of adhering to those guidelines.

Second... The value of any forum is the content, which is contributed by knowledgeable members. Those members have an obligation to treat other members and staff in a friendly and respectful manner. The old adage of, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" applies. You are free to disagree with anything you want, but malicious badgering, or outright unfriendly comments will NOT be tolerated. As an example, "I don't care much for blue guitars" is fine, while "Anyone who plays a blue guitar is an idiot", is NOT fine.

Look... We're trying to build something good here. A place where people can get answers to questions or worthwhile opinions. People will be reluctant to ask a question if they feel like they'll be ridiculed for it. Remember, not everyone sees things as you do. Be respectful and helpful.

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."
    Neil Peart (September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020)

Re: Response To Recent Events

Thank you Kenny! Cogs and pc, too!

Absolutely right. Thanks for all of your efforts.
    Guitar freaks of the world unite!

TFF Stage Crew

Well said.

I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven by the CDC that anyone who plays a blue guitar is an idiot... ;)

Forum Member

So if you played a blue guitar, and sold it, are you now not an idiot, or are you still an idiot for selling a perfectly good guitar because it was blue?

Well, I'll say it here and now. Ken, Cogs, PC and others -- THANK YOU, you are appreciated.

Blue guitars...

Thank you...rock on.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

We all have our disagreements from time to time because we feel so passionate about music and the gear we use to make it with.

Sure we have a few hiccups here and there, but 99% of the time, we agree to disagree.

I'm glad our members have strong opinions, and I hope to hear good, honest opinions about whatever piece of gear or music, no matter how much I disagree with those opinions.

I want a blue guitar. So bite my bum.
    Guitar freaks of the world unite!