Thread: New Pedalboard Day

New Pedalboard Day

So, I have a Boss BCB60 board that used to suit me just fine, but it is a bit limited in space and power supply.

I have been having to diversify my tone because of the different styles I'm studying on the guitar. I felt like I needed a chorus and a flanger, plus the clean booster.

so I got this very handy pedalboard made by Fire Custom Shop (a local company).

it is made of MDF, covered in velcro, and comes with a nylon bag:

Re: New Pedalboard Day

Nice!

But - do you put all that stuff (including delay and flanger) in front of that heavily distorted MXR distortion+?

doesn't that make things all blurry and unpredictable?

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    Nice!

But - do you put all that stuff (including delay and flanger) in front of that heavily distorted MXR distortion+?

doesn't that make things all blurry and unpredictable?

You are right. Thing is, I was doing that setup just for a specific psychodelic sound.

I normally put the flanger, delay and other modulations after the dirt pedals.

About the MXR, I use this one more often as an overdrive, as a matter of fact it's called distortion plus, but it is quite a versatile pedal, you get some pleasant crunch or a very incisive heavy rock tone from it with a switch of the drive knob. Simple and direct, I like it a lot.

RJ, this is what my chain looks like most of the times, I just put it back how I like it best:

P.S. That Danelectro overdrive keeps coming back to my chain. I just can't stay away from it fora long time. It was one of my first pedals. Definitely ine of the most versatile pedals around. When I use it, I usually set the other dirt pedal as a booster (as you see the MXR there), adding just a little "color" with the distortion knob.

Tha Dano is cheap and looks funny, very underrated, but it's got a killer tone.