Thread: Jazz Bass Accessories

Jazz Bass Accessories

Up front, I am not a purist about period correctness. I've got the AmStd, and I have, over time, picked up the bridge and pickup covers and the thumb rest. I like the look of these a lot.

I can't decide whether to put them on. Seems like it takes away a lot of places to thump. The thumb rest is useful to me, so I'll put it on.

Anybody else have the covers on their JBs? Do you like them?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Jazz Bass Accessories

Man, those are two nice g'tars. That bass....man that bass....

Here's a pretty bad photo. I need to get my good camera out and take some decent pics.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Great looking lowenders!!

I LOVE the way the Covers look, but hate how they are exactly in my way.....ALWAYS
    that is why I don't have any installed.

thumbrest - it is good if it fits you - I used to like them - but the edge of the pickup works for me.

Not a purist either, but found that I can adapt.

Of course I use flats, and am not a bass pedal guy either - so maybe I just don't know any better.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

The Wall of BOOM.
    Fender MIM Jazz Bass....Epiphone Thunderbird of Death and the battery powered Squire JAGUAR
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    I have an AVRI '62 J-bass, which came with all those accessories... I like the look of both, the pickup cover and the bridge cover, but I personally never installed either...

THAT is pretty much my opinon -

LOVE the look, but they are in the way for me - in a HUGE way!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

I'm not enough of a bass player to know much about the pluses and minuses of the covers but wanted to say that there's not much sexier than the combination of an offset waist, sunburst and tortoise shell!

You're right, Don.

Well, I've decided not to put the bridge and pup covers on. I'd hate to lose the tones I get from the different areas up and down.

I may put on the thumb rest. Typically, I put my thumb on the pup, but that's lower down than I like.