Thread: Jaguar players--what settintgs do you use?

Jaguar players--what settintgs do you use?

Been messing around with the new VM Squier Jag. Trying out different pup configs, lead and rythm switch, tone settings, etc.

For those familiar with these beasts: what settings do you use? For gigs? Which pups do you use most? Both? Bridge more for leads? How 'bout tone settings?

New to the offset world and their quirkiness! I'm used to a more straight forward approach. What do you do?

Thanks!
    Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar, surf green,
    Gibson SGJ, cherry,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special, black,
    Peavey Classic 30 Tweed
    Ampeg B110

Re: Jaguar players--what settintgs do you use?

crickets, that's all I hear, crickets.... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Gibson SGJ, cherry,
    Peavey Classic 30 Tweed
    Ampeg B110

Sorry dude was Out of Town on bid-ness.......just saw the post.
    I use the rhythm circuit (top switches and dials on the horn) mostly dial the tone down ---way down and the volume up on the neck pup gives me a jazzy tone very "coffee house" beatnik sort of.
    I have the bottom switches set for INSTANT surf tone .....its like two guitars in one.....beatnik jazz.....flip a switch and WIPE OUT!!!!!!!!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Volumeknob View Post
    I have the bottom switches set for INSTANT surf tone .....its like two guitars in one.....beatnik jazz.....flip a switch and WIPE OUT!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! Yea, thanks, what I was lookin' for.
    Gibson SGJ, cherry,
    Peavey Classic 30 Tweed
    Ampeg B110

Quote Originally Posted by mukman View Post
    crickets, that's all I hear, crickets.... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Ok sparky - but I don't think this is gonna help you -

I set the gain on the Genz Shuttle to about 1 oclock usually, drop the mids a smidge at about 180-200, treble at 11-12 or so

Master around noon - maybe 1 if I am gigging, and then select both pups on, and uses the parallel switch. If it is a louder gig, I turn the preamp on, but bring the bass and treble down on the rollers.

then its just a matter of smoothing it to taste from there. Oh - I roll the tone control back to about 70% give or take as the tone sounds right to me.

Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Oh that is GAWGEOUS!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Originally posted by FrankJohnson, "Ok sparky - but I don't think this is gonna help you -
    I set the gain on the Genz Shuttle to about 1 oclock usually, drop the mids a smidge at about 180-200, treble at 11-12 or so
    Master around noon - maybe 1 if I am gigging, and then select both pups on, and uses the parallel switch. If it is a louder gig, I turn the preamp on, but bring the bass and treble down on the rollers.
    then its just a matter of smoothing it to taste from there. Oh - I roll the tone control back to about 70% give or take as the tone sounds right to me."

Oh! A bunch of wise guys eh? Well, just so you know, i play bass also, so I will take your info into account. Well, I don't own a Genz Shuttle, but I do own one of these:
    Gibson SGJ, cherry,
    Peavey Classic 30 Tweed
    Ampeg B110

Quote Originally Posted by mukman View Post

Oh! A bunch of wise guys eh? Well, just so you know, i play bass also, so I will take your info into account. Well, I don't own a Genz Shuttle, but I do own one of these:

Nice serve return!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

DUDE ! Do you NOT LOVE the JAG bass.......that little battery pack booster is AWESOME

Addictive monkey it is
    T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Volumeknob View Post
    DUDE ! Do you NOT LOVE the JAG bass.......that little battery pack booster is AWESOME

Addictive monkey it is
    Yes! I was VERY surprised at how well this bass plays! Sounds like a much more expensive bass, at least to me. I've played American Fenders, MIMS and many other brands, but these Squiers are the best!
    Gibson SGJ, cherry,
    Peavey Classic 30 Tweed
    Ampeg B110

Well SIr I can tell ya before purchasing mine.....I own a Fender MIM Jazz and an Epi Thunderbird also at present---I was in Guitar Center I tried The Fender Jazz Bass---American Deluxe 1800.00 -----didn't like it, I played several Squire Jazz basses.....A Gibson GRABBER from the 70's ----Epi SG and a Tobias ---which didn't suck by the way--- a Peavey....and some other Dean and BC rich offerings......the jag was literally the last one I picked up in the row.....and when I plugged it in ---and hit the first note----I was ADDICTED! It has quickly become my favorite
    T. Roosevelt