Thread: Real or Fake

Forum Member

Real or Fake

Hi Guys! I am new to the forum. I need help! Is this Tele the real deal or a knock off?

It looks like a 50s with mods: humbucker, 6 saddle bridge, replaced input jack. But, the flat head screws, bridge plate, and serial # look pretty legit?
    Thoughts? Help!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Real or Fake

You'd have to open it up to tell for sure. Honestly though, looks more like a fake to me. But, there are more knowledgeable folks on here than I am.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

TFF Stage Crew

"Here is Benjamin Franklin's axe. Only the handle & the head have been replaced."
    lol
    I'm sad to say that the pics are pretty poor, & the only things they show are not good news. The bridge is not '50s Fender. Telecasters have the serial number on the bridge, not the neck plate, so that's two in one blow. But yes, the screws look original
    The pickguard is misshapen, the control plate is so goofed up it wouldn't even matter if it dated all the way back to 1948. Even the tip on the switch is not right.
    It doesn't look like much of it is actual Fender. I'd say it's a knock off, but it doesn't really matter unless you paid vintage dollars for it.
    A Telecaster is a guitar that every guitar player should build, imo. It's like a rite of passage, you can learn so much. It teaches you that a good playing guitar doesn't have to be perfect. It can look like a dog & be your best guitar.
    Last edited by Cogs; 06-30-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Forum Member

from my own eyes, fake