Thread: steinberger gearless tuners - any thoughts

Forum Member

steinberger gearless tuners - any thoughts

Has anyone had any experience with these? I have heard both good and bad reports on them and frankly think they would look a bit weird on a Strat or Tele headstock. However I am keen to see if anyone has any thoughts on them.

I use a lot of alternative tunings so the appeal for me would be the precision they are meant to afford when tuning. However I have heard that they are not that great if you want to quickly change tunings between songs.

Re: steinberger gearless tuners - any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Babaluma1 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with these? I have heard both good and bad reports on them and frankly think they would look a bit weird on a Strat or Tele headstock. However I am keen to see if anyone has any thoughts on them.

I use a lot of alternative tunings so the appeal for me would be the precision they are meant to afford when tuning. However I have heard that they are not that great if you want to quickly change tunings between songs.

"Has anyone had any experience with these? I have heard both good and bad reports on them and frankly think they would look a bit weird on a Strat or Tele headstock. However I am keen to see if anyone has any thoughts on them." They are stable and accurate. Bring a lunch to go from standard to drop D and back.
    "I use a lot of alternative tunings..."

Otherwise, you're just as well off crankin' the OEM's by hand.
    ;>)/