Thread: Kittens got claws!

Kittens got claws!

THis kittens got CLAWS ---and FANGS Squire VM Longscale JAGUAR bass.....with Active Bass Boost ....... P-bass pickups and a Jazz bass pickup.....what more coulda guy want.
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Gravity Jim

Re: Kittens got claws!

Awesome! There's nothing more versatile than a P/J configuration. Does it have some of the trick tone switching from a Jaguar?

That is an attractive bass. Fender has been putting out some pretty good Squier product lately, not Japan-era good, but still pretty damned good. I'd be interested in a lefty Squier Precision, if they only made them (no MIM lefty Ps either).
    At any rate, first class looking bass. Hope it's a joy to play.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Dialing in the set up and neck as I like----the "stock" set up was a bit o crap (saddles as HIGH as a kite).

This version has the Active System Silent J nothing like the Guitar version dual system set up. IT sounds AWESOME ---fit and finish are excellent....meets the same quality as my MIM Fender Jazz Bass.

WALL OF BOOM! AKA a thorn between two roses lol
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Volumeknob View Post

THis kittens got CLAWS ---and FANGS Squire VM Longscale JAGUAR bass.....with Active Bass Boost ....... P-bass pickups and a Jazz bass pickup.....what more coulda guy want.
    WoooHoooo! Damn, Adrian, that's a superfine bass you got. You definitely got a nose for a deal! That's an awesome PJ bro!
    Resident "Deadhead", Psychedelic/Acid Rock addict and West Coast/San Francisco Sound nut!

Thank you Sir.
    Hope all is well down under.
    T. Roosevelt

All good, my brother from another mother... Working hard, playing hard, and livin' the dream!.... NOT!
    Resident "Deadhead", Psychedelic/Acid Rock addict and West Coast/San Francisco Sound nut!

Gravity Jim

With that pickup set-up, an active tone circuit is the shizzle. Love my American P-Deluxe in Shoreline Gold, but I like the shape of your Jag.

I haven't laid hands on one of these yet - and dammit, now I probably will!!

how does the neck compare to a jazz? My MIJ jag is between a typical jazz and a geddy - although nowhere near that narrow.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Neck is very similar to the MIM Jazz bass.....possibly a tad shallower ---but it is the satin/matte style finish so it plays effortlessly and FAST
    T. Roosevelt

Neck is very similar to the MIM Jazz bass.....possibly a tad shallower ---but it is the satin/matte style finish so it plays effortlessly and FAST
    I have had several guitars with satin necks - and I am absolutely crazy about this.......
    rub with 000 steel wool - and rub down over several applications - with lemon oil. It will develop that gloss that you get over time from your hands just much more quickly, and evenly. it takes on a special character.
    I like it - you may not. My jimmie vaughan felt like it was 20 years old after doing that and lightly burnishing the edges.
    Kenny Belmont

OH no I am NOT complaining....I like it as it is. Also LOVE the Satin finsih on the neck (and neck only) of my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II why the FOOK they haven't switched all guitars to satin necks I have NO idea.
    But here in HUMIDITY CENTRAL it is way way way WAY better than a THICK globing of nitro or lacquer.
    T. Roosevelt

OH no I am NOT complaining....I like it as it is. Also LOVE the Satin finsih on the neck (and neck only) of my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II why the FOOK they haven't switched all guitars to satin necks I have NO idea.
    But here in HUMIDITY CENTRAL it is way way way WAY better than a THICK globing of nitro or lacquer.
    Exactly why I like the oil finish
    Kenny Belmont