I've had original 62 Strats, same in Fender Twins and old Deluxe Reverb amps. 64 SG Spl. And I bought em with hay hauling money, working on a ranch, and later in town laying carpet and flooring. Only thing is, they were either brand new or only a year old or so. I bought em "back in the day". I have had over 200 guitars in my time. Some were rare. Some super high end. And some klinkers. Yet most were "name brand" as they say. Fender, Gibson, Gretch, Martin, and so on. Then I retired. Was married to an idiot that moved constantly and went through more money than the national debt. I sold EVERYTHING!! At one point I didn't even own a guitar or amp.

Squier and Epiphone are what I own. From a former professional luthier, you can take this for what's it's worth. The manufacturing process and methods are the same. Material is often different, and components are as well, but what's being made today are very good instruments. Some may require modification, but not always. My new Squire Tele Bullet is great! The Epi ES339 is the most dynamic semi-hollowbody I have ever played. Better than the old 68 335 with PAF's from long ago. And now I'm gonna get me a Squier Bullet Strat, Mustang, and any other Bullets they got! I love em! Nope, I'm no guitar snob. Just the opposite.