Thread: BUSY weekend -

BUSY weekend -

its only three shows but still -
    Tonight run a jam, with a host band, but we had to empty to room last week of ALL eqpt we use there since they were using the room for a wedding reception. Sound panels, move tables, I usually leave the snake and mixer setup but now they are packed.

band gig friday - small local place - cool irish pub with some tilted kilt types. Looking forward to that.!!!

Sat night - sound about an hour away for a pop-rock dance band I work with 2-4 times a month. First time in the room - should be fun. They are easy to work with, just nothing you would find in my cd player.

Sunday - I REALLY need to sort cables, tools, eqpt in the garage. I Mean - REALLY REALLY !!! maybe that is a good easter service for me!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: BUSY weekend -

Sounds busy but a lot of fun at the same time... Have fun Frank!

This is the good busy, like exercise is (can be) the good hurt.
    Have fun, don't drink too much.

thanks - just got home from blues jam - great night! We have one of the best blues jams I have been to - and I think it is because we have good players, and a great listening crowd too! A differnt host band each week and sometimes touring acts instead, with a few of them running a jam as well with us. We have lights, and a nice sound system, and good amps, so......in all it is a good formula for a good jam. I have played a few really good ones, and took a little of what I liked from each of them, coupled with the guys who actually books the acts, and then running the actual jam. I couldn't do the puppet master work though without some really great players, people and friends. it was a good night!
    Kenny Belmont

#2 down - GREAT night! back is sore - I am beat - but musically fulfilled! My friend mike covered drums for us - first full gig, no rehearsal, but played a set with us last weekend, so that counts! He was stellar, and it went without a hitch! I love it when I plan comes together!
    Kenny Belmont

A couple of facebook shots from last night and a birthday Party too!

Kenny Belmont

third gig - sound at a smallish upscale pub with a dance band I work with a couple of times a month. Went well - not a bad crowd, but I think easter weekend might have been a little damper. First time in the place - worked out well - with a tiny drum riser of a stage. Next weekend only one, weekend after - a fury of four!
    Kenny Belmont