Thread: Snark SN10 pedal board tuner

Forum Member

Snark SN10 pedal board tuner

I wonder what happened to the availability of the Snark SN10 pedal board tuners? I found a couple of outlets still selling them but for the most part they are rare. Any idea what happened?

Re: Snark SN10 pedal board tuner

I would guess Snark has discontinued the pedal tuner, as it does not appear on their web site. I've used a Polytune on my pedalboard (for when I use it) for years. The Boss TU-3 is purported to be the gold standard of chromatic tuners, so maybe Snark decided to exit a crowded field and focus on their clip-ons?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

I wasn't aware that Snark ever made pedal board tuners. When they first came out with the "blue" clip on style, they were promoting them with low prices, and I bought 4 for all of us. Later I bought a couple of the "black" "tight tune" models, (they work good too!) I seldom use the pedal board with a TU-3.
    Last year I got a deal on a Peterson clip-on and I love it maybe it's the display, but it's all I use for most of my needs. (I do use a Peterson full size tuner with the "sweetened" presets for my pedal steel.)
    Remembering how it was back in the day, with pitch pipes, and tuning forks, I doubt any of the younger players realize how lucky they are. Used to work with a bass player who would tune to the dial tone on the phone in a booth in the bar, (I think it is an "F"!) I bought a tuner in the early 80's that the whole band used, you had to switch between notes!

As long as the TU3 is around what else do you really need? It's a flat-out perfect pedal. Mine is actually the older TU2. It's been a workhorse and what I like is that when I play an analog rig at a show I use it to mute for guitar changes and when we take a break I just stomp on it. Saves me all that BS of climbing around drum risers, light controllers, mic stands, etc., to hit the standby on my amp.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

TFF Stage Crew

Best tuner in the world:

Cogs, does that tuner buffer the input? That's always my biggest concern with a tuner pedal and a cogent argument for the clamp on tuners (which I don't use).
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

TFF Stage Crew

Pretty sure that's a feature that can be enabled/disabled

Forum Member

You can have either with my StroboPlus HD, if you run through some pedals, you might want it buffered, but it can be bypassed also.

I can dig the strobe tuners but for me onstage I like just looking down and when the green light comes on I'm good.

Whatever you choose, it sure beats the old days when we used pitchforks or tuned to the keyboards.

Plus, when you play with keyboards in the band tuning gets really complicated since the guitar's intonation is never spot on everywhere. That's why you'll see me tuning now and then if I know the song has a really high or low solo. Normally I tune for the 5th fret.