Thread: NPD - New Pedal Day. Volumeknob news

NPD - New Pedal Day. Volumeknob news

So, I think I got for drive pedals the same GAS that our brother Volumeknob has for different guitars.

I just got a nice deal for an absolute classic: MXR Distortion +:

A friend (and one of the best guitar players around here) was letting his go, real cheap. Almost no use, and studio only, so it's almost mint.

I don't really needed a new dirt pedal, but you know... You just can't have enough effects, and I am realy passionate about overdrives...

So I am looking forward to listening what it sounds like in my rig. I'll get my hands on it next Monday.

What made me want to have one of those is that it is most of all a classic. Developed by MXR back in the seventies, many famous recordings were made with it. Plus, although it is called "distortion", it is known as a very nice organic overdrive that can also deliver a lot of dirt if needed.

Re: NPD - New Pedal Day. Volumeknob news

I had a DOD 250, which is in the same vein. Cool pedals, have fun with yours!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

MXR builds a solid pedal that's for sure. Looking forward to your report on this one...
    Being a dirtbox junkie is not just an addiction, it's a lifestyle!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

I gotta try one of these. I've never liked overdrive pedals and recently realize that distortion pedals do what I like- make my clean amp have a dirty "channel".
    I've always preferred distortion pedals over overdrive and I think that's why.

Well ever since I first saw one (a distortion pedal that is) I was fascinated. My first was a new Vox Tonebender. Then later dozens followed over the years. And to this day, though I no longer gig, and now play just for me and my cats, I go through at least 3 a year. I have to admit, like de Melo, I'm addicted to distortion pedals. Fortunately for me, I'm not only patient, I'm cheap. So I don't have to go knock over a liquor store every week to support my habit! But I've been chasing that "tone" for decades and still not found but one or two that are close to "it". And even then I still gotta get more. There's always that "one pedal" out there that waits to be found. Much like the mythological "Holy Grail", the true "IT pedal" really doesn't exist, yet we all keep looking just the same.

And to be truly honest, the three amps I have now all have two channels and fantastic OD in all of them. Two are digital, with one of those a modeling amp to boot. So really I don't even "need" a dirtbox at all to be perfectly honest. But you know.... I just gotta.

MXR pedals are great. I use their Phase 90, and it's a fine, sturdy pedal that does its job very well.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ranger said it all!

Ain't no "best" pedal, you just gotta go through a lot of them to try and see what you like.

Anyway, I just got the stompbox, it is really mint:

I'll get it in the chain later and see what it does.

Aw, that's cool. It's got the "boots" on the knobs so you can dial it in with your foot! Always thought that was a neat idea.

Yeah, it helps a lot!