Thread: Godin

Forum Member

Godin

I realize this is a Fender forum but has anyone tried some of the Godin guitars? I have the Session model and I'm really taken by it. It is quite inexpensive relative to even a Mexican strat, but I think it has a lot to offer, and being made in Canada/USA doesn't hurt. It is my main electric now and covers everything I do. Thoughts?

Re: Godin

Most people have had a lot good to say - and they make nice guitars. My experience with customer service has been...... less than stellar - and I am still trying to decide how to have the fretboard repaired on my 5th ave.

nice guitar - had an issue - they just aren't very good about after the sale in my opinion
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I have a Flat Five X that is a wonderful guitar.
    Mark

I used to play a Godin SD4 bass - early 2000s P/J kinda thing...was OK. I went from that to a Stingray...no comparison, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Most people have had a lot good to say - and they make nice guitars. My experience with customer service has been...... less than stellar - and I am still trying to decide how to have the fretboard repaired on my 5th ave.

nice guitar - had an issue - they just aren't very good about after the sale in my opinion
    Overall, how do you like your 5th Avenue?

I played a 5th Avenue acoustic in a local music store and liked it. It's very different from my Taylor acoustic, but I could definitely like having one.

But, 15 minutes in a music store is one thing...having it for awhile at home is another. So, I'm curious as to your overall impression.

Smitty - sorry I didn't see this earlier

I like the 5th ave but it is still in need of some repair. It turns out the fretboard had pulled up some, and when I had it reglued - it has a rise at the 1st to 2nd fret now. I have to get that addressed, to really give you real overall opinions. That said - it is fun - has a great neck the p90 sounds great and the tone knob works all the way through its range - which is a nice bonus.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

I teach guitar in a store that specializes in Godin so I get to play a lot of them. If you are not stuck on getting only MIM Fenders, then Godins are really good value for money.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."