Thread: Response To Upgrade Concerns

Re: My AVRI '57...

One thing you staff guys should do, though, is keep the atmosphere "vintage". Thats one thing me and Old Ranger enjoy the most here.

I really like the layout.

Re: My AVRI '57...

Quote Originally Posted by de Melo View Post
    One thing you staff guys should do, though, is keep the atmosphere "vintage". Thats one thing me and Old Ranger enjoy the most here.

I really like the layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post

That's the goal... To preserve and build upon a foundation of classy Fender fanaticism...
    (de Melo, I don't mean to put words in your mouth. Allow me to elaborate a bit. I apologize if this comes off as overstepping)

Kenny,

I think what de Melo is referring to is the actual format of the forum, meaning the layout and organization of the site, itself.

The backstory here is that we came from another forum that went through a major change. The entire forum was changed from vBulletin to XenForo. So, the entire software changed. The unfortunate result was that all of us on the forum spent nearly two weeks trying to figure out how to do the things we had done before. In a way, it was good as we all really pitched in to help each other, and I haven't abandoned that forum. I'm still active there and am okay with the change. But, the biggest problem, I think, is that we literally tried to log on one day and couldn't. We didn't know an upgrade had occurred until after the fact and we were confronted with an entirely new format.

Now, I know that Mike Slubowski recently upgraded The Les Paul Forum to a newer version of vBulletin and it looks nice. I'm on there, too and enjoy TLPF, as well. Of course, Mike certainly doesn't have to worry about humoring us, but he really handled the upgrade to TLPF well. He was very open and communicated well. The change was also mostly cosmetic and affected very little of how the forum actually operates. TLPF knew it was coming long before it occurred and the forum was very supportive.

Anyhoo, like I said, just a little backstory to de Melo's comments.

(I'm still jealous of your Strat!)

Re: Response To Upgrade Concerns

I like yer style :)
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Way to go!

And as for the layout, if you folks proceed like you did back in the LPF, it's more than ok!

And I envy your strat too.

Yeah what deMelo said times 10. gorgeous!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

As my little brother de Melo said, I gravitated to this forum due to it's conventional and easily understandable format. AND I quickly learned that the members here are mature and genuine individuals that I'm proud to be associated with. That's the headliner here. Great folks abound in this forum!

Yes, there is another forum that I was a member of for some time, however it changed radically overnight and then to make matters worse, censorship by the site owner became rampant. If one spoke out about not liking the change, that post would be deleted. The sender then warned of pending banning and such. In short, not a place for an old man that just wants to talk guitars and amps in simple surroundings. I also secretly found that this change generated quite a profit for the owner as well and thus the less than cordial response for members that didn't like the changes.

I enjoy a bit of fun naturally, and at times some of my posts reflect a bit on nonsense, but for the most part I enjoy more peaceful surroundings. That other place was rapidly filling up with youngsters that for the most part, spoke from their posterior portal spewing out a bunch of stuff and ever other post was a damn YouTube thing! If I want to watch a video I'll rent one thank you very much!

Yes, indeed I am an old man pushing 70, and with that, somewhat set in my ways true enough. But the atmosphere at this site is wonderful. I feel that I can "kick off my shoes and sit back" here without being assaulted by some nitwit with his video referrals in every other post. I enjoy a good conversation. Here, it's all typed into a machine, but it's close enough for me. Within the short time I've been here I've met many folks that are fine examples of how folks ought to be. Genuine articles that help one another with anything that comes down the pike. Proud to be here.....

And last, but not least.... I do tip my hat to the admin staff that keeps this forum running and cleans up those goofy spam-bots that slip in on us. You guys are doing great!! Thank you...
    I forgot what I was going to say...

^^^I clicked a virtual "Like" button to that.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by smitty_p View Post
    ^^^I clicked a virtual "Like" button to that.
    Just for you, Smitty......

Use it wisely.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Question for Mike or Kenny:

After the upgrade, will posting Youtube links create an embedded video, or will it be just the link, like it is now?

BTW, thanks for making yourselves accessible for questions prior to the upgrade.