Thread: Desperately Seekikng Speaker(s)

Desperately Seekikng Speaker(s)

Like a true ditherer, I hemmed and hawed about trying out a Weber NeoMag speaker. I finally got a 10" NeoMag for my Princeton Reverb and fell in love. I have already talked about that speaker in this forum so I won't go on about it here. But by the time I did that, Weber had stopped making the 12", which I wanted to get for my Deluxe Reverb. The NeoMags are a reasonable substitute for the JBL D series. Not exact, not perfect. But way cheaper and a lot lighter.

I would love to get a JBL D120F, but I get a little nervous because, should I need a recone, I would have to ship it to the US (I am in Canada) to have it reconed and then shipped back. It gets expensive.

So, if any of you hear a NeoMag 12" for sale, please let me know. I am also looking for a decent JBL 120F that is in good shape.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Desperately Seekikng Speaker(s)

Doc, I'm *pretty* sure I remember an Ebay vendor in Canada who handled JBL service. It's been a few years back but they might still be active......
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I just lucked out on an ebay auction and got a JBL D120F. This one solved all the problems of shipping back and forth, and the issue of condition. The speaker was auctioned by Weber and they included a recone in the price. So, I don't have to ship it all over the place and the guys at Weber, in my opinion, are very reliable. AND, the speaker was under 200 bucksl I know that sounds like a lot for a speaker but I really love those JBLs and I have seen very questionable ones sell for over $300.

I am still in the market for NeoMag 12s, if anyone sees one out there. Ya really didn't think I had only one amp, did ya? Mind you, my amp collection would disappear if placed in the middle of Roger's herd!
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Ask the vendor (Weber) if they'll break the speaker in for you, Doc. Fresh JBL's are like any other new speaker -- they need 40 to 50 hours on them before they really start to shine.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."