Thread: My current pedal board

My current pedal board

I got tired of carrying around a large, bulky pedal board, so I streamlined my pedal board.

I've always hated having to reach all around that big square board. That's why I've put everything in a line.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: My current pedal board

yup. Sorry I ever purchased one of those Pedal Train things...maybe I will put it on CL.
    P e a c e KYC

Strat or Tele out of a 5E3 .

Nice. I built one like this - so I can use it whilst singing and playing without really needing to look down. I bought a 18" wide plaque that would ordinarily be used to paint some slogan on and hang on the wall - and I stained it and put Velcro on in a couple of lines. It's great.

I just also resurrected my "big" pedalboard - certainly not as big as Mike Mcquain uses. Anyway, I'll try to photograph both of them and post 'em - maybe over the weekend. The bigger pedalboard is for use when I'm not the singer - it's two-rows-deep - but it'll cover more ground and has amp modeling as well for the rare occasions when I need it (like, if an amp goes down I can just jack the pedalboard into the PA and turn on the amp modeler...

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Very good, Willie.

How do you use the two dirt pedals (the RAT and the Bad Monkey)?
    Do you do the regular "Monkey for overdrive, Rat for heavier things" or do you use, for instance, the Monkey for boosting your volume on solos?
    Last edited by S. Cane; 02-01-2015 at 05:27 AM.

My apologies for jumping in here, but I couldn't help myself...

Being a RAT fanatic and a true believer of the Bad Monkey, I run them both on my board. The RAT is set for some good down and dirty big crunch, and the BM is set for light dirt for some slightly crunchy rhythm stuff. When both are going at the same time, yet still set to work independently for different levels as stand alone units, they sing. At first it may sound like nonsense, but when I got 'em set just right they'll feed each other and the sound together is golden to my wounded old ears.

Most folks I know that have these two on their board will set the BM up as a boost for the RAT though. That's what people with good taste do and I believe is the proper manner. The folks that do this are very well into using the BM for it's ability to enhance the signal of the RAT and that BM is magic for that.

But...... you know me and distortion, I live for distortion! If it sounds like an incoming round from a 155mm howitzer, then I just about got it where I want it!
    I forgot what I was going to say...