Thread: NEW: The Neo mini VENT

TFF Stage Crew

NEW: The Neo mini VENT

The Neo Ventilator has become an extremely popular (& extremely expensive at $500) Leslie simulator. Now they have just come out w/a smaller, less expensive model called the mini VENT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmSF1QvJsY
    They are going for about $350 or thereabouts. I'd like to get one at some point this year. I'm using an actual Leslie model 130 & it's a pain to lug around.

Re: NEW: The Neo mini VENT

That sounds incredible! I like the organ version.

I had a Leslie 145 cab that I ran with a Hampton preamp/controller. I never took it our of the house.

I bought a H&K Rotosphere that I used for years. I replaced that with a Tech21 Rotochoir mostly because it fit on my board and used the same power supply as the rest of my pedals but I've grown to like it better than the Rotosphere. I like that it has a switch to emulate a Leslie 125. I use that mode a lot.

I'd love to try this new pedal but I won't (can't!) pay $350 for it.

The problem with this type of gear is that something better will always come along and the old devices are likely to become door stops rather than classics.

TFF Stage Crew

I've tried so many Leslie sims I can't keep track. The best one (imo) was the H&K but the weird power requirements, huge footprint & need for a pre-boost made it a pita for me. Now I just use a chopped Leslie model 130 & I pump it w/a Crate Power Block. But it's still a hassle.
    I'd like to try the mini Vent, the Strymon Lex, & the Tech21 Roto Choir. I don't like the fact that I can't look down at the Roto Choir & see at a glance what speed is currently chosen, though.

I still dust off my "Firstman" rotary effect from time to time. It's pretty cool, has stereo effected outs, an uneffected out with level control, speed and depth knobs, and a 2X 1/2X switch.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by 71818 View Post
    I don't like the fact that I can't look down at the Roto Choir & see at a glance what speed is currently chosen, though.
    That's only one of the Rotochoir's silly, inexcusable flaws. Luckily, it sounds good enough that I can overlook them.

First, there's no brake! Second, there's no LED telling you what speed it's set to. Third, when you change from bi-amped to not bi-amped (Leslie 122 to Leslie 125) it sometimes changes speeds depending on which mode it was previously set to!

Oh, and I've never gotten it to work in stereo.

It's quieter, more convenient and better sounding than the Rotosphere (in my opinion), though.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    It's quieter, more convenient and better sounding than the Rotosphere (in my opinion), though.
    Easy accomplishments considering the Rotosphere, lol except the sound part. I have yet to hear a sim that nails that swirly slow sound. In fact, most sims I've tried usually suck at one of those settings (either fast or slow) but not both. The Line6 Rotomachine is the only one I've used that actually sounded terrible on both fast & slow settings.