Either input will work just the same. The plug going into the speaker should be mono, unless they are setup as a stereo in on one speaker with a "link" to the other side.

Why not look up the specs? TRS can be used also even if the inputs are mono. Are you using an interface or coming straight out of the computer? You didn't mention in your post.