Thread: questions on powering effects on pedal board???

questions on powering effects on pedal board???

I am building an acoustic pedal board that will include a BBE Acoustimax processor, as well as three 9 volt pedals (All TC electronics – Polytune Mini, Hall Of Fame Reverb, and Ditto Looper ) and a TC Helicon Voicetone Harmony G-XT vocal processor. I want to use a T-Rex FuelTank Chameleon charger to run all the pedals. The three TC Electronics are 9 volt and will work fine. The TC Helicon Voicetone has a 12 volt DC input which is also compatible with the Chameleon charger. The charger has the ability to set any of the outputs to 12 volt DC as well as one 12 volt AC outlet which; from what I see on the back of the Acoustimax pedal should power the Acoustimax, but reading the specs in the owner’s manual – it shows it as 12 volt DC input. does anybody know which source I should use to power the BBE pedal? I really would like this to work – the idea of needing to run 5 pedals off of wall warts is not a great solution. I hope somebody can advise me.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: questions on powering effects on pedal board???

Does it happen to have a "courtesy" out? I run Voodoo Labs on some boards for that reason. Another thing to consider is the MA output, not Just voltage. Sometimes those 12-18V pedals draw A LOT of miliamps. Double check the Acoustimax's wall wart.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    Does it happen to have a "courtesy" out? I run Voodoo Labs on some boards for that reason. Another thing to consider is the MA output, not Just voltage. Sometimes those 12-18V pedals draw A LOT of miliamps. Double check the Acoustimax's wall wart.
    Will do!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Amps definately count. I've got a box of old power supplies left over from trashed printers, laptops, etc. Some will deliver good current. From there it's a few bucks worth of resistors and LM335 chips to make voltage regulated outputs for anything you want to connect. The drawback is you now have a single point of failure, so weigh he risks and benefit.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

The Acoustimax draws 200 ma and the power supply delivers 300 per outlet. At least that's not a problem...

I'll spend some time with a test meter before I plug anything in for real!